December 22, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Shep Smith Ruins Bill O'Reilly's Tie, Worries About His Future (VIDEO)

by Jeremy Taylor, posted Dec 17th 2010 10:45AM
Every night, at the end of 'The Fox Report' (weekdays, 7 PM ET on Fox News), host Shepard Smith throws it to Bill O'Reilly, whose long running political commentary show 'The Factor' follows.

On Wednesday Smith had a confession to make to cable news' ratings king.

"If you were here last night about this time, you know yesterday I kind of spilled something, and ended up stealing a tie off of O'Reilly's desk. I didn't tell him, and the plan was to return it today, but last night at dinner ... the soup seemed to like it, and it's not really cleanable," Smith explained, showing O'Reilly's stained tie to the camera.

"So if I'm not here tomorrow, somebody check with O'Reilly."

Perhaps the O'Reilly of a few years ago might have had Smith's job (or worse!) for the infraction. But these days we're pretty sure the much-mellowed O'Reilly will let Smith off with nothing more than a half-hearted 'pinhead' designation.

Granny

Too bad that you want to deny someone what you are using so loudly. Get a clue, we are all entitled to our opinions, even you. I guess that is why your post got thru....... Oh one more thing...Happy anad Merry Christmas...

December 19 2010 at 2:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
westy666

This is what I pay AOL to provide as "news worthy"???? What crap! Who CARES about Orally,Shlep Smith, or Faux News.......

December 19 2010 at 1:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to westy666's comment
Granny

westy666............You still pay for AOL? I have not done that for about 5 years now. then again looking at your "clever" spelling...I don't wonder that you pay for something that can be free. Still on dial up old man???????????????

December 19 2010 at 2:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
thetruth

Shep must be the fair and balance part of the equation I keep hearing about. A little humor with the tie goes a long way.. keep up the good work Shep, and tell Oreilly to stop the heavy breathing into communication devices.

December 19 2010 at 1:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
barbara

How dare he go in the KINGS office much less take his tie. Get even with him Bill.

December 19 2010 at 11:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
novamike50

Is Reilly that anal? Or did AOL join GOP aka Fox News

December 19 2010 at 10:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Margery

I for one like Shepard Ship very much and I'm a conservative as you can get. I'm sure O'reilly's tie don't cost him a thing and there's probably many laying around incase he too should get one soiled. Shep personal life is his and I suggest you mind your own business.

December 19 2010 at 10:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Margery's comment
Granny

Margery...I think that Mr Smith is a good balance for the network. Fox does say that they are fair and balanced. To me that means everyone is allowed ot have a personal opinion and to state it. There are times that I want to throw a bucket of ice water on all of the employees that we see on air. That is fine, just means I don't agree with them that day. As far as the neck tie goes...I think it was all just a big joke........

December 19 2010 at 2:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Little Kenny Lee

First off to reply to another bloger's about Shepard Smith. He is from around Holly Springs Mississippi just South of Memphis TN and he is 100% Democrat. He is arrogant and full of himself. Myself I have wondered about his sexual preferrances. I do know he was once married in Miami and left her when he moved on. As far the Purto Rican Geraldo I dispise him and his sensationalism. I told Fox when they hired him he was trash and their reply was "Give him a chance". Well he is still as Liberal as he was and I fell he should have been locked up years ago for some of his tricks, at least put on a terrorist list.

December 19 2010 at 10:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Little Kenny Lee's comment
Granny

kenny lee....I hope that you feel better now after you hate filled spew that some would call a post. How did it feel to find out that Fox doesn't give a rats behind about your opinions. I don't either and as far as being locked up, ever been in for a psych eval.? You got big problems buddy.......Happy Christmas.

December 19 2010 at 2:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rockshasta

shep, is the worst one, on fox news, i can,t stand watching him, and his arrogance, only geralda equals him, and his left wing socialist outlook

December 19 2010 at 10:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TONY

TO BAD SOMEONE DOES NOT SPILL SOUP ON BILL BIG MOUTH ORIELLY AND GET RID OF HIM...ARROGANT A HOLE

December 19 2010 at 9:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to TONY's comment
BraceWinslow

Hey, tony petrello, the truth hurts you libs, doesn't it? And, it is not "to bad," it is "too bad." Now, while you are at it, get yourself an education.

December 19 2010 at 12:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rsewill

Yes, get rid of Shepard Smith. Too much actual unbiased news reporting on his shows. We need 100% right wing propaganda on Fox. Anything else might let reality edge into some of Fox's viewers. Constant reinforcement is essential.

December 19 2010 at 9:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply