July 22, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Who's the Manliest -- Old Spice Guy or David Hasselhoff? (VIDEO)

by Aimee Deeken, posted Dec 17th 2010 5:55AM
Isaiah Mustafa vs. David Hasselhoff on 'Funniest Commercials'The 'Funniest Commercials of the Year: 2010' (Thu., 10PM ET on TBS) was appropriately hosted by the most (in)famous commercial star of the year -- Isaiah Mustafa, the "Old Spice guy." He's the tongue-in-cheek suave "man your man could smell like." But another manly man dropped by to challenge Mustafa's manliness. (Or was it a contest of who could be the most over-the-top?) David Hasselhoff argued, "I make fans melt." Mustafa countered, "But I make the ladies melt."

The Hoff: "I'm a TV star, a movie star and a rock star."
Mustafa: "So am I."
The Hoff: "You're not a rock star!"
Mustafa: "But I smell like a rock star."

Rock stars smell like Old Spice? Anyway, check out who won.

JSmith

I so agree!!!

December 18 2010 at 3:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
D

David, retire from acting, PLEASE.

December 18 2010 at 2:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JSmith

Neither one is manly. They are both fugly and sissy.

December 18 2010 at 12:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Walker

The trouble is, Hasselhoff really thinks he's cool. That was the case for about 5 mins. when he was on Night Rider.

December 18 2010 at 10:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donna

I know this clip was meant to be funny,, or I hope it was.
Someones been lying to David, he thinks hes the manliest man.. He was not even all that, back when he was on the young and the restless in the 70s.
David is the man, when it comes to eating a cheese burger off of the floor. He does that well.

December 18 2010 at 10:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dve

HOFF>>>>?????? LMAO>>>DRUNK EGOMANIAC _yes!!!!!..MOVIE TV STAR?????LOL U gotta be kidding...HASSELBEEN SHOULD BE HIS NAME.Where does he get the Nads to even say stuff like that..especially after the whole world watched him eat a burger off the floor....Here's an Idea send him to Alaska..palin/ Hasselhoff ticket for 2012...

December 18 2010 at 8:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John F.C. Taylor

To bad it's only a choice between these two. The real manliest men would be someone not one of these two.

December 17 2010 at 9:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to John F.C. Taylor's comment
gayle

@john....I detect a little jealously!!!

December 18 2010 at 12:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sharon

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING!! The old Spice Guy is the winner here! The 'Hoff' was even trying to talk like Mustafa!!!! Mustafa, you ROCK it...Hoff...don't embarrass yourself even in this spoof...

December 18 2010 at 12:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply