November 26, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

TVR Awards -- The Best Examples of Why Dave Price is No Longer Employed (VIDEO)

by Donald Deane, posted Dec 21st 2010 1:50PM

While we've been fans of weatherman Dave Price for years, we can't help but suspect his goofy antics contributed to his recent ouster from 'The Early Show.' Sure, the network says he, Harry Smith and Maggie Rodriguez were fired as part of a retooling to boost ratings. But we're not so sure. Review the evidence as Price licks, flubs and fumbles his way out of a job in The Best Examples of Why Dave Price is No Longer Employed. And yet, despite all this, we'd welcome Price back in a second. We salute any weatherman who can consistently make us this uncomfortable.

The Nominees:

Dave Price Licks Julie Chen: While they argue over umbrella etiquette, Julie Chen places her hand over Price's mouth in an attempt to silence him. Price strikes back with the only weapon at his disposal -- his tongue. "Don't lick my finger! That's disgusting!" said Chen.

Dave Price Gets Manhandled by Erik Estrada: Erik Estrada stops by to hawk Transition Lenses and, in the process, he playfully pins Price's arm behind his back and threatens to cite him for indecent exposure to UV rays. "You're really hurting me, Erik," groaned Price.

Julie Chen Takes Control of the Weather: Price lets a spoiler slip on an upcoming segment by Chen, which prompts her to call the weatherman out. "Are you ruining my segment? I'm coming over there. Do you see me doing the weather?" she asked. Then, Chen offers her own forecast, predicting that it's "going to be sunny, partly this, partly that."

Dave Price Ruins a Sand Sculpture: Price destroys a likeness of himself that required 25 tons of sand and took three people a day and a half to build. Unhappy with the way his nose is rendered, Price lops a portion of it off. Then, he decides to widen the sculpture's nostril and causes a collapse.

Dave Price Gets the Facts Wrong: Price offers a historical fact relating to the current date, but he gets his information wrong, much to Smith's amusement. "This is why I didn't do well in high school ... or college," Price said.

Dave Price Loses Control of the Forecast: Price has trouble controlling his maps during a forecast, and incorrectly displays the West coast twice. "High tech everyone. That's what happens when you give a meteorologist a door opener," said Price, holding up his remote.

What's your favorite example of why Dave Price is no longer employed?
Dave Price licks Julie Chen1311 (26.3%)
Dave Price gets manhandled by Erik Estrada164 (3.3%)
Julie Chen takes control of the weather456 (9.2%)
Dave Price ruins a sand sculpture1916 (38.5%)
Dave Price gets the facts wrong536 (10.8%)
Dave Price loses control of the forecast596 (12.0%)

NCMom

I think all of the examples posted here are really examples of what I liked about Dave Price. Yes he was goofy and sometimes did things that you wouldn't expect to see and that is exactly why he was so much fun and why people loved him so much! He was human and relaxed and easy to relate to. I was shocked to hear that Dave, Harry, and Maggie were all leaving the show and I think it was a HUGE mistake. I have tried to give CBS the benefit of the doubt and I have been watching the Early Show even after the departure of my favorite anchors, just to see if there really would be any "improvement." I have been very disappointed. The new group lacks the personality that the former crew had. The new anchor Marysol Castro comes across as arrogant and I do not feel any sense of attachment to her the way I did to Maggie and the others. I am sure we will never know what really went on behind the scenes, but my suspicion is that Dave was slotted to go and Harry and Maggie chose his side in the matter. I really wish there was some way we could get all three of them back but I know that's wishful thinking. CBS had a great morning show, but now it is generic, cold, and completely sterile. I hate it.

March 03 2011 at 9:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Arthur Taylor Sr.

So you think that Dave Price was the cause of the shows failure , they are so wrong they had a good cast. Dave made the show. Just read the comments and you will see how big of a mistake the execs made . They wanted to cater to a younger audience, that is funny they should be on later then. Us old dogs are the ones who get our news fix this early. So now its time to change the channel.

February 15 2011 at 8:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Johnny J. Turpin

I agree with Grama Marie! It was much better with Harry, Maggie, and Dave! I won't watch CBS Early Show any more have tried it and it is just not the same!

February 08 2011 at 12:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Grama Marie Slauson

I miss Dave Price, Maggie and Harry on the early show. I have been a faithful watcher of the Early Show for years. Now I'm outa here, and will find something else to watch. Grama Marie Slauson

January 30 2011 at 6:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeanette

I miss you Dave, where ever you go, I shall follow. CBS is stupiddddddd.....

January 28 2011 at 8:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
aconsentino71

I have followed Dave Price since he was on Good Day New York. Tons of fans did. I too followed him to CBS. My household and family, and friends are all big fans off Dave Price and Harry Smith. They made us watch the news and their humor was much better than the sad news that is always a focus. It brightened our days!!!!!!!! CBS are fools, because we are just sitting around trying to figure out where they have both gone so we can watch that channel. PS- She should not have put her hands on his mouth, guess her parents never taught her keep your hands to yourself!

January 16 2011 at 10:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sandi

SAD day for CBS.............

January 16 2011 at 6:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sandi

Julie is a real low class BITCH!!!!!!!!What made you think you had the right to put your hand over Dave's mouth. Oh sorry....you wear the pant's in CBS...Get a life !! Sad excuse for a Woo........man.

January 16 2011 at 6:04 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Sandi

BIG MISTAKE CBS......GET RID OF JULIE........BRING BACK HARRY,DAVE,and MAGGIE......Your LOSS CBS.....MANY HAVE TURNED CBS OFF......

January 14 2011 at 7:44 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
tiffkydooffky

I've watched & loved Dave Price since Good Day New York, and when he moved to CBS, I followed HIM!
I also enjoyed Harry & Maggie and together they made a great team. I looked forward to THIS show every morning!! The group now is about as exciting as wet paper. Marysol is arrogant, annoying, pushy and acts like she never gets enough air time and appears to try to take over every segment - she is the biggest turn-off in this new team. You've removed all the "personality" from this show. And with regards to Julie Chen, she makes Marysol look like Mother Theresa. I see Julie Chen & my reflex is to change the channel. The show is not all about HER! And if anyone put their hand up to cover another persons mouth where I work, they'd be out a job! How dare she! Gee,..I wonder why she gets away with this? Dave Price was priceless, your loss Early Show! The show is now about as exciting and enjoyable as the local college news channel. I will never watch the Early Show again, and I know many others won't either.

January 13 2011 at 9:33 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply