April 19, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Jamie Foxx Bought Horses for Robert Downey Jr. on His Birthday (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Dec 22nd 2010 4:48AM
Jamie Foxx, 'Late Show with David Letterman'In a story that won't be appearing in any "Celebrities ... They're Just Like Us!" segments any time soon, Jamie Foxx revealed a recent birthday exchange between him and his 'The Soloist' and 'Due Date' co-star Robert Downey, Jr. on 'Late Show with David Letterman' (Weeknights, 11:35PM on CBS).

Downey had recently purchases a house with some acreage, but according to Foxx, he showed his empty stables. Foxx then slipped into a funny Downey impression talking about it. "Dude, here's my empty stables, dude," he mimicked.

Ultimately, after some ribbing about Downey playing a black man in a movie, and spending some time in jail, Foxx revealed that he did get the Downeys two horses, one for Robert and one for his wife.

Downey didn't leave Foxx empty-handed, though, on his next birthday. "He got me a 1967 vintage El Camino," Foxx revealed. "So shout out to Robert Downey Jr." We need to figure out how to get into this gift exchange circle for 2011.

bob white

ALL these people with ALL this money and ALL they do is act???

December 25 2010 at 3:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dude

Jamie Fox is a Faggot Clown. Who told this guy he was funny or talented?

December 25 2010 at 2:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Trind

What nice gestures, from both of them. Of course, both Foxx and Downey stimulate the economy. The make movies; people pay to see them, and the entire production staff has jobs, and earn money. In turn, they spend money. The envious ones may consider using their energy to create their own riches, so they don't have to be so jealous of others. Negative begets negative...that's why you don't have.

December 25 2010 at 2:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jane L

Great gifts. Wish I were rich. Nothing negative to say. I think Palin is hated because she is feared. And, she is female. Women are not liked very much unless they are hot and willing. It many ways we are still in the 1700s.

December 25 2010 at 11:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DD

They put my name as 'WWW' this time. I am A.K.A. 'DD'. So there's no confusion. lol

December 25 2010 at 11:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DD

December 25 2010 at 11:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Casey

I'm so glad folks like Foxx and Downey get to benefit from the extension of the tax cuts. Everyone can see how they are using their savings to stimulate job growth.

December 25 2010 at 10:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kjsmason2010

@ Sara... Africans? You have no clue about culture. Foxx is an African American not an African. Saying Africa is like saying North America, not all people are the same. There just just happens to be 54 countries on the African continent. With about 15% of the world's population, it is really hard to say things about an entire continent. Sexual escapades at 11 years old? Really? An entire culture of people behaving this way? Doubt it! I am sure there are children of all backgrounds who are not taught correctly, for starters you. Nobody educated you on culture or African's, or black folk as I believe you were trying to refer to. Educate yourself before you speak, you just make yourself look bad.
Also, before you start thinking other things, I am Caucasian. No I do not have little "black" babies nor am I living in Africa. I just can't stand how people can be so racist and uneducated.
Merry Christmas...

December 25 2010 at 10:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
garry mitchell

Rich people pandering....and annoying ones at that. Real talent is the new Captain Zapped record, the only real rock and roll record released this year.

December 25 2010 at 9:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
randy

Jamie Foxx is nothing more than a slick street punk who has learned how to dupe the public into thinking he's something else. His comments about the Palins showed his true colors, you know what I mean?

December 25 2010 at 8:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply