April 23, 2014

'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' Season 1, Episode 10 Recap

by Rebecca Adler Warren, posted Dec 24th 2010 11:03AM
'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills'['The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills'- 'Payback's a Bitch...Just Ask Your Husband']

On this week's episode of 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills,' the ladies attempted to recover from Camille's disastrous dinner party with a handful of lunch dates, some good old fashioned trash talking and a roaring twenties soiree.

Everyone reacts to conflict differently. Some, like Adrienne, rise above it. Others, like Kim, suffer from PTSD. And yet there's always that one wily woman who needs it to feed her soul. That woman, of course, is Camille.

The brick oven pizza crumbs had barely settled before Camille shot Kyle a text, which a lesser 'Housewives' fan might describe as the final nail in the friendship coffin.

"I said we will no longer be working with your husband, thank you very much," Camille smugly told the cameras about her decision to digitally fire Mauricio as her realtor. Camille's brand of crazy is always premeditated, and her plan to bring Kyle to her knees (so she can more easily kiss her ass) was well designed.

Kyle broke the news to Mauricio at lunch, and the poor guy looked seriously bummed. "I think that's a childish reason to not want to do business with somebody," Mauricio said about Camille's decision to cut him loose. It actually makes sense to me-you've got to be in business with people you trust or at least aren't in some sort of grownup mean girls war with.

But all the bad vibes and evil plotting didn't stop Kyle and Camille from turning up at Taylor's Twenties-themed party. All of the ladies, minus Kim (who spent the evening pining after her daughter), were in the mood for a good time and showed up in fabulous costumes.

Lisa and Cedric swapped outfits and went to the party in drag. Lisa makes a dapper gent, but I'm not so sure Cedric can pull off a feather boa what with those bulging biceps. Maloof and Paul channeled prohibition-era gangsters. Camille donned her prettiest pink flapper outfit. And Kyle styled her hair in a chin-grazing bob by tucking her ponytail into her jacket. It was not chic.

Camille and Kyle eyed each other nervously before Mauricio broke the ice with Mrs. Grammer by saying hello and showing off his 1920s-era pocket watch. And then before you could say 'Great Gatsby,' Camille and Kyle were hugging as if a mechanical cigarette-smoking psycho hadn't stirred the pot just the night before. The women chatted and joked about how much they hate each other before breaking out into the Charlestown. It was the keep-your-enemies-close result Camille had planned for all along.

After last week's explosive fun, we were bound to get stuck with a quiet, slightly boring episode. But if it means Camille and Kyle have settled their beef, then who are we to complain. Plus, let's not forget about these highlights:

• Maloof wins the night's award for most likable. She repeatedly refused to engage in the fight, cutting lunch with Camille short when she tried to bring it up. "When you've got little kids fighting all the time-it's not a big deal to me," she said about the dinner party blowup. "I'm not used to drama amongst women. It defeats the purpose of empowering women. It kind of sets us back 50 years."

• Another major Maloof moment took place at a jam session for one of the bands on the family record label. "My taste in music is so diversified: Usher, Timbaland, Jay-Z, I'm kind of all over the place," said Adrienne. Um, not really. But her involvement in the music industry sort of explains the tinsel hair extensions. Sort of.

• Camille and Nick took a sexy motorcycle ride along the coast. Please, please someone explain this relationship to me.

• Cuckoo Kim attempted to make peace with Taylor at a nail salon like a couple of gabbing girlfriends. They settled down for ice cream sundae manicures (whatever that is) and giggled uncomfortably. "I cannot figure Kim out," Taylor said (you're not alone, girl). "She's an enigma to me. She should have a superhero costume with a big question mark on it." Is Taylor referring to Kim as The Riddler? I can totally see that.

• Little Portia is like the seventh housewife and with the way these women behave, it wouldn't seem strange to give the adorable two year old a few more scenes.

• Lisa's dog-child Giggy has alopecia, which is why Vanderpump is always dressing him in doll-sized jumpers. Giggy also has an extensive canine wardrobe including a sombrero and an art deco diamond dog collar.

What did you guys think of the episode? Was the hug between Camille and Kyle sincere? Should Camille have fired Mauricio? And can Taylor and Kim ever be friends?

'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' airs Thursdays, 10PM ET on Bravo

stylestalkr

I started a company that allows fans of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills to gain exclusive access to the clothes and accessories featured in each episode of their show. Click here to check it out: http://www.stylestalkr.com.

April 03 2011 at 9:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lilly01

I am glad to see that Camille is finally leaving the show next season. She's a joke...I can't stand the way Kyle treats her sister Kim..She acts like she so much better than her. Sorry Kim is the nicer one...

January 06 2011 at 6:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jmslade

It sounds to me like pjd might know camille... maybe a personal friend? Anyone who is watching sees that all of these women have severely misappropriated priorities. Some of them have had real hardship to temper the character flaws that arise when you don't work for anything and spend all your time being pretty, staying pretty, and losing pretty.

Of all of them, Camille is the worst. The saddest thing about it is, she is emotionally, intellectually incapable of ever seeing it. I don't know anyone who would say they had a "Jesus complex" while sitting in a hot tub in a string bikini in the midst of a multi million dollar Hawaiian estate. Bizarre, but she will never see it as such. Poor thing has it all, but then has nothing. Even her children fall somewhere between drinking eight glasses of water and taking a nap on her list of priorities.

I agree that Taylor is STUNNING and the only thing that detracts from her looks are those lips. I think the rest of us who live in mainstream America are beginning to view these types of women as alien. Fascinating, engrossing, gorgeous aliens.

I will happily stick to running my little business, kissing my kids before bed, making rent on time, and being average. OMG.

January 05 2011 at 2:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pjd

Kyle Richards is a really awful person. Her constant belittling or ignoring of her sister in addition to coming between Kim and her children is ugly. She always has an hateful, angry, fast-talking answer to everything in spite of the evidence right in front of our faces. Kyle was the one who insisted several time that Camille's guest "read" her. When she finally did so with warnings beforehand, Kyle became angry as did her awful guest. Don't blame that on Camille. Also, I would not eat food Kyle prepared or was around because she is dirty. That woman flings her hard around and has her hands in her hair all the time - eeew. She also has an odd habit with her lips besides constantly licking them. She should stop being the leader of the mean girls and stop causing trouble between her sister and her sister's children. If the children, who by now know Aunt Kyle will sabotage their mother, go to her for any reason she should keep her nose out of their business. She is awful, awful, awful.

December 31 2010 at 6:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
loto

I thought Camille said Kyle wasn't worth her time?!?! Yet, as soon as Kyle touched her on the shoulder, she whirled around and began to coo all over Kyle and began to make excuses for her behavior and their inability to find common ground. I find that Kyle is truly flustered about Camille's behavior. I loved Adrienne's exit from the lunch with Camille. Brilliant! I agree with the other post regarding Taylor and Kim. Kim clearly has social issues and it is almost hard to watch but, Taylor could try and help Kim - they all could. To ridicule Kyle over her relationship with her sister is an oddity - I'm sure she knows the boundaries in that arena. I hope Kim stays on the show and develops and grows with others besides her children. Lisa rocks but, Cedric needs to move on! Surely there is a job for him in the Vanderpump empire. Has anyone wondered why the whack-job psychic couldn't tell Camille that Kelsey was going to leave her? Perhaps her skills are as questionable as her technique in holding her electric cigarette! I believe there are psychologists itching to get a hold of Camille - what a case study that one is. I thought the Kardashians had a monopoly on the "dead eye" thing - then along comes Camille Grammer. I wish she and Kyle would just agree to disagree and move on with ignoring one another. Kyle, you don't have to be friends with Camille. It's okay. Clearly you are liked by everyone else. Quit getting sucked in to her drama and insecurities. And as far as Camille "firing" Mauricio - that is not on you. That is Camille, yet again, trying to flex muscle that she simply does not have. How childish and ridiculous of her to even send that text. What next? She gonna want you to meet her after recess at the bike rack to whip you? It takes two to play any game - don't play and Camille will be left to count Kelsey's money and have her "friends" continue to blow smoke up her skirt about how much better she is than the rest of us mere mortals. Taylor, please leave your lips alone! No more - you are too pretty to go around looking like Daisy Duck. And, I have to say that I like Adrienne's bling in her hair - it is perfect for her!

December 31 2010 at 11:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gena

Camille is such a phoney! She has her posse of "Yes Men" or "Women" whichever you prefer and I wonder if she at any point in time while watching these episodes cares what she is doing to Nick's wife. I wouldn't doubt it if she doesnt go after him now the Kelsey has moved on with his life.

December 30 2010 at 3:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
debi

camille is cookoo...besides her evil conniving that she's so proud to advertise- who are all the hanger ons she has around constantly? i would love to have someone ask her what she thinks of watching herself on tv...most disgusting woman i've seen on tv...i think kelsey wanted her to go on this show, so when he left her people would actually feel sorry for him!

December 29 2010 at 9:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
NOT TUNNING IN!

I doubt very highly that Camille and Kyle will ever be friends again- at least not in the sincerest form. I think that Camille is playing the victim role quite well, she did not have to drag Mauricio into their mess. Besides, Mauricio will get more business while being exposed to the show. He certainly does NOT need Camille's business- remember, she lives off of Kelsey's income, what business would she be offering Mauricio? NONE.ZIP.

Kim and Taylor are very uncomfy with eachother, just because Kyle is good friends with Taylor doesn't mean Kim needs to befriend Kyle's friends.. certainly not Tayler. Although, I find Kim odd and anti-social, Tayler can do a tad more to make Kim more her friend, she's always eager to throw dags towards Kim and vice verse. What bothers me is that Kyle EXCLUDES her sister Kim whenever she sees fit and only gets along with her sis Kim when it's to Kyle's advantage- I find that quite classless of Kyle. Kyle needs to learn to become a sister and come to her defense when need be and yes that sometimes means budding heads with the rest of the houswives. Kyle lacks knowledge as to how to be a sister- both sisters have different social issues. I'll continue to watch these fabulous women, their certainly interesting to watch (with the exception of Camille)!

December 26 2010 at 9:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joyce N.

Since Kelsey has said that he will live in NYC now, and Camille will only have whatever settlement Kelsey gives her (meaning she is about to lose her mealticket of 16 years) then Mauricio is probably going to lose their business anyway.

I truly believe that Kim doesn't really know how to be a friend. Very insecure lady.

Does anyone in their right mind believe that hug between Kyle and Camille was sincere?

December 24 2010 at 8:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply