November 22, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

TVR Awards -- Regis Philbin's Most Endearing Old Man Moments of 2010 (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Dec 24th 2010 10:30AM

By 2011, 79-year-old Regis Philbin will have been a fixture in entertainment for 50 years. In all that time, he hasn't lost a bit of his wit and charm. But much like one of your favorite grandparents, he's grown adorably out of touch with the Internet and younger generation of celebrities. While Regis may not always succeed in being hip, it's really fun to watch him try. Check out some of Philbin's most endearing generation gap moments on 'Live With Regis and Kelly' and help us pick his best "old man" moment of the year.

Regis Didn't Know He Was Dressed As Justin Bieber on Halloween: In the aftermath of the American Music Awards, co-host Kelly Ripa was talking about how excited her daughter was with Justin Bieber's wins on the night. When Kelly mentioned that Philbin had dressed as Bieber for their Halloween show, he responded, "Is that who I was? ... I never figured that out. I just put it on and got it over with."

Reeg Doesn't Think "the AOL" Is To Blame For His "Hi-Fi" Not Working: When Gelman helped Philbin and his wife, Joy, get a wireless network set up in their house, for some reason it worked everywhere except in Joy's office. The wireless company said it was the ISP, but that's not the acronym Philbin remembered. How could it be "the AOL," he grumbled, if the wi-fi works in every other room of the house? We agree Reeg, we agree.

Regis Doesn't Really Understand Twitter: Ben Stiller was on and tried to help Philbin understand Twitter. After explaining to him that it didn't cost anything to Tweet, Philbin asked how anyone could possibly be expected to respond to every Tweet they receive. After all, every person following you who Tweets at you is expecting a response, right?

Reeg Can't Turn Off Jimmy Kimmel On Video Chat: Gelman introduces Philbin to the wonders of video chat by connecting him to comedian and talk show host Jimmy Kimmel. But when they try to move on to other features of the Internet, Kimmel is still connected. "This is goodbye, Jimmy. Once and for all!" Philbin declared. But he couldn't close out Kimmel, so instead he ran out of the room.

Reeg Thinks Clams, Oysters and Mussels Are Alive When You Eat Them: When Philbin appeared on 'The Late Show with David Letterman,' Dave tried to expand his notoriously picky pallet by feeding him oysters, mussels and clams. But Regis, ever-set in his ways, initially refused to eat them because he believed they were still alive and moving when served. Eventually he did manage to get a few bites down, despite many playful threats to walk off the set.

What's your favorite Regis Philbin 'Old Man' Moment of 2010?
Reeg Didn't Know He Was Dressed As Justin Bieber on Halloween413 (20.4%)
Reeg Doesn't Think "the Aol" Is To Blame For His "Hi-Fi" Not Working325 (16.0%)
Reeg Doesn't Have Time to Respond to All of His Twitter Followers79 (3.9%)
Reeg Can't Turn Off Jimmy Kimmel On Video Chat360 (17.8%)
Reeg Thinks Clams, Oysters and Mussels Are Alive When You Eat Them848 (41.9%)

dsbeny

I miss Regis and hope he is enjoying his life with wife and family.
dsbeny@aol.com

January 03 2012 at 10:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dsbeny

Regis is very good over the years that I have been watching
him. Sorry that he decided to leave the program after this
year.

March 10 2011 at 8:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to dsbeny's comment
dsbeny

I am going to miss Regis. God Bless his honest works over these past years
I will watch you until you. My mornings will be different if you leave. We all have
health issues. I thankful that you made it through with the help our Jesus our
caring spirit.
Enjoy the rest of your life with wife,children and family members and viewers.

May 03 2011 at 8:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bcpnptma

Love Regis with David Letterman, whatever they do together is good. On Regis' show, it's Gelman I have a hard time with - don't care for Gelman at all.

December 28 2010 at 6:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JodyK

I just started watching Regis Philbin, and I love him. He is a dear soul; a very funny person; and he works with a tremendous handicap (Kelly Ripa). Keep going Reege!!

December 28 2010 at 1:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Clarence

I still wouldn't watch the show. It's all i can do to change the channel after Goodmorning America is over.I pray for the day i can throw a base ball through my Tv screen and it would actually hit them both in the face......

December 28 2010 at 1:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Clarence

I can't stand regis or kelly. They are both IDIOTS !!!!!

December 28 2010 at 1:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Louis

If someone would gag Kelly Ripa and put a bag over her head, I'd watch the show regularly.

December 28 2010 at 1:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JulP

I am sick to death with Regis Philbin. You can tell most of his "confusion" is a sham. You can't turn on your computer and there he is. Too much! It's tme to retire.

December 28 2010 at 1:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jerome

You have to be a real LOSER to even consider watching this s**t.

December 28 2010 at 12:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CHETGATES

please its time foe him to go who watches hi anymore old women with nothing eles to do regis leave please

December 28 2010 at 12:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply