August 2, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'The Closer': It's a Christmas Miracle! (VIDEO)

by Oliver Miller, posted Dec 28th 2010 5:02AM
'The Closer':  It's a Christmas Miracle! It's a Christmas miracle on 'The Closer'! Or no, wait. Actually, it's the exact opposite of that. On the new episode (Mon., 9PM ET on TNT), Deputy Chief Brenda Johnson's parents are still in town. Yes, Clay and Willie Rae Johnson (Frances Sternhagen and Barry Corbin) are still visiting their daughter in Los Angeles.

But then, a sudden robbery of the Johnson's RV means a loss of all their Christmas gifts -- and their beloved microwave. It's a Christmas anti-miracle!

Clay and Willie are shocked by the crime rate in the big city -- now, they're threatening to cut short their endless trip, so that they can return to the safety of their home in Atlanta. Will Brenda (Kyra Sedgwick) be able to keep them around? Or will it turn out that the whole theft was an inside job all along?

... We won't answer one way or the other. But we will say this -- sometimes, getting your family members to leave you alone can be the biggest holiday miracle of them all.

Steve

HEY!!!!! Maybe the little lady just wants more time to spend time at home with her husband....you know..
MAKIN BACON!!!

December 29 2010 at 4:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
linjack39

To Oliver Miller: Why are you just writing this article on December 28th? It's OLD news. The Closer you're talking about aired on December 27th. We already have our answers. Sheesh!

December 29 2010 at 3:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
C. Brown

A truly DUMB show.

December 29 2010 at 3:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rose

OMG her whiny fake southern accent is a mess. cannot stand that show.

December 29 2010 at 2:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David S.

Who cares? That show is about as interesting as watching water drip.

December 29 2010 at 2:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dorothy Duesler

I love this show. I even watch the reruns even though I have seen them. Each character on the show has their unique characteristics.

December 29 2010 at 1:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kel

I thought I just saw this show?

December 29 2010 at 1:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
joan

I love this show and this Christmas episode was great. I could not have been happier when Brendas' parents decided to return to Atlanta and the look of relief of Brenda and her husband and his remarks about the leaving were precious.
I will miss this show a lot. I makes my Monday evenings enjoyable.

December 29 2010 at 11:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hattie Crabtree

She probably wants more time at home with her kids.

December 29 2010 at 11:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Miriam

Evidently the writers have never been to Atlanta. Atlanta is a very progressive city. You would have to go outside the metro area to see 'country folks' with RVs.

December 29 2010 at 11:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply