October 24, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'What Not to Wear': Stacy London Reveals Body Scars (VIDEO)

by Aimee Deeken, posted Jan 5th 2011 8:45AM
Stacy London Reveals Scars on 'What Not to Wear'Since age 16, Erin has had five reconstructive surgeries on her breasts, leading her to struggle with self-esteem issues and hide under baggy clothes. The most recent operation involved "scar revision" to minimize significant scarring from past surgeries, she shared on 'What Not to Wear' (Tue., 9PM ET on TLC).

Co-host Stacy London could relate to "the scarring thing," she said. "I had a very, very severe skin disease when I was a teenager. My skin split like a zipper, like, all over my body," Stacy revealed, raising her right arm and pointing to a large scar along her underarm.

"It really is something when you can think about what you've gone through and be proud of the fact that you made it through to the other side," Stacy told her. Erin was moved by the host's vulnerability and asked, "Can I hug you?" "Yeah!" exclaimed the host.

lauren_roberts2

:/ on the flip side...Kim K is a total waste of space on this planet. She gets a lot of attention for being fake (read: plastic surgery AND insincerity). If she had any real self confidence, she wouldn't have had all the work done and feel the need to squeeze into the tightest clothes possible. She's ultra high-maintenance, not very bright and needs 24/7 attention. If she ever had the guts to be real (not her version of "reality"), educate herself and stop wanting to be treated like a piece of meat, she might actually be interesting and truly happy. I feel sorry for her for u devaluing herself; it's what allows everyone else to.

February 02 2012 at 12:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lauren_roberts2

...oops! Meant the "root" not "roof" of what holds us back. ;)
Stacy looks fantastic, but she's beautiful on the inside, too.

February 02 2012 at 12:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lauren_roberts2

Stacey is A+++ in my book. She may come off as a sarcastic, tough New Yorker, but she is sincere in her quest to bring women out from hiding. It's a process that involves much more than putting on new clothes. It's an emotional uncovering of the roof of what holds us back. This particular episode, Stacey braved a much more vulnerable side and I commend her for asking of herself what she asks of others: trust.

February 02 2012 at 12:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
carole del monte

WNTW appeals to me for several reasons, the spectacular hosts, their genuine interest in people and the fact that they don't go for the insult or the maudlin, trying to get closeups of tears from their candidates. The Jan. 4 show surprised & moved me when Stacy revealed to Erin what she went through with her skin problem & scarring on her own body. She looked a bit emotional & I wanted to hug her, too. I just love that girl.

January 05 2011 at 6:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to carole del monte's comment
RDK

I want to know more! I have a huge scar similar to Stacy's, but mine was from an accident. What could cause her body to just "split?"

January 08 2011 at 9:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply