October 23, 2014

Bravo Confirms End of the Road for 'Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List'

by Catherine Lawson, posted Jan 6th 2011 7:00AM
Kathy Griffin's going back to her comedy roots as Bravo confirmed Wednesday that 'My Life on the D-List' won't be back for a seventh season.

Instead, Griffin will record four, hour-long stand-up comedy specials for Bravo, one of which will be aired each quarter in 2011. She told People magazine that although letting go was hard, it was the right thing to do.

"It was a really tough decision because I think of 'The D-List' as pretty much my baby for the last six seasons, and I also think it was really time to stop doing it. ... Reality is great, but I really didn't set out to be a reality star. So now it's time to spread my wings and show that I'm a little different than Kate Gosselin."

Bravo's Andy Cohen said of the new comedy specials, "There is no better way to start off 2011 than giving Kathy Griffin an unprecedented four new stand-up comedy specials on Bravo in one year ... Kathy's quickfire humor and ability to tap into pop culture make for must-watch television."

And Griffin's looking forward to hitting the road: "I just cannot get enough or do enough stand-up," she said. The first special may be taped in Milwaukee in early February, and Griffin promises to keep her jokes fresh.

Despite losing out to the Kardashians at last night's People's Choice Awards, Griffin's optimistic about her chances of success at the Grammys next month. She's up for best comedy album, and says "I just want to win."

Emily

I AM SAD THERE'S NOT GOING TO BE A SEASON 7! That was one of my favorite shows! She is so friggin' funny.

July 17 2011 at 4:42 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Kitten3660

Its about time. She has gone steadily downhill ever since trashing Jesus. Then the whole Bristol Palin thing. Its time she woke up and realized she just isnt funny anymore. Offensive, yes, vulgar, yes, idiotic, yes. Time to clean up and move on Kathy. Alot of us used to love Kathy for her humor, that was before she began trashing the lord and everyone else that Kathy did not believe in or have any respect for. Good Riddance to bad rubbish. Finally

January 06 2011 at 4:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
harryness

Take her off Bravo for everything and Bravo would be better for it.

January 06 2011 at 3:49 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
mike_s1229

Thank god this PIG is off the air. Plain hateful she is

January 06 2011 at 3:40 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Kelly

She's hilarious. No one is forced to watch her. If you don't like it don't watch, don't read stories about her, just ignore her. Kathy is the best.

January 06 2011 at 3:32 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
gidget

I think she is nasty. Not a thing on her is real and yet she talks trash about everyone! God, I can not figure out if she is gay or not. She also talks about her people. Whatever and good riddings!

January 06 2011 at 3:28 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Kandy

Now just take off Housewives and Jersey Shore and TV may be perfect once more. Almost.

January 06 2011 at 3:21 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
paddy

It's been long overdue. She is so obnoxious and hateful towards others and that's not what I call humor. People are getting very tired of the negativity and she spews so much vulgar hatred so I for one and am happy to see Bravo has stopped this show.

January 06 2011 at 3:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dick

HOORAY!!!!!

January 06 2011 at 3:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tiffany

Glad to hear it. Her and Chelsea Handler get on my nerves.

January 06 2011 at 2:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply