December 21, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Kelly Ripa Makes an Impassioned Plea to Be Vanna White for a Day (VIDEO)

by Donald Deane, posted Jan 6th 2011 12:00PM
After discovering that 'Wheel of Fortune' plans to hold an online contest where one lucky fan gets to fill in for Vanna White for a day, Kelly Ripa excitedly tosses her name in for consideration on 'Live With Regis and Kelly' (weekdays, syndicated).

Ripa shows off her letter-turning skills, then makes an impassioned plea directly to White as well as Pat Sajak.

"I'm not saying I'm as good as you, but I will be a fun fill-in for the day. And, Pat, for heaven's sake, how many days have you filled in here? We know each other. We know each other," said Ripa, then mouthing the words "call me."

Peggy

Batteries have a negative and a positive, too bad so many people who post on these sites only have a negative.

January 06 2011 at 10:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
i hate dummycrats

big fan of wheel, dont care for vanna in comparison to price is right models. kelly rippa- no freaking way. how about michell obama, she will need a new job come 2012

January 06 2011 at 7:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BreKay

What? The contest is for one lucky fan -- even though Kelly may be a fan, why not let a fan that's not a celebrity win. That self-centered woman shouldn't even be allowed to enter the contest. Let's hope she doesn't win, if she does, it was probably fixed for her to win because of who she is. What a joke!

January 06 2011 at 7:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TIna

I don't know ANYONE who can stand Kathy Lee's mini me! AKA - Kelly Ripa! UGH she's horrible. I bet Regis would love to just bash her in her smug face one day ON AIR and I already invision a standing ovation! lol

January 06 2011 at 6:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JEREMY

I just thought of something while I was reading this:

There's this football babe that looks WAY hotter than Vanna of Kelly.SHE should be the one to spin the Wheel. She has the look for it,and it would keep her home and out of trouble while her husband is touring with the team.

The babe I speak of is.......KENDRA WILKINSON.

Think about it. this WOULD be the PERFECT job for her. Vanna's gotta retire eventually,maybe thie year,and Kendra could do the job without skipping a beat.
Like I said,she could earn some more money for little Hank's college fund(or his therapy).

Good idea. Anybody care to debate this?

January 06 2011 at 6:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lips

I stopped watching Wheels years ago because I got tired of Vanna and whats his name. I was channel surfing the other day and saw that they were still there and went right on surfing. I used to enjoy the show but I am still sick of Vanna and Pat. (yes I know his name)

January 06 2011 at 6:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BluesDaddy

The less of Kelly the better. Now Kelly, don't they have all-you-can-eat buffets in NYC? Try finding one please.........

January 06 2011 at 6:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Betty Kulakoski

Kelly does those commercials with her family - with all her shows and commercials, when does she get time with her family?

January 06 2011 at 5:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mountaintop

I can never get over how people post such hate on these blogs. Is your life so miserable that you need to take time out of your life to say they pathetic things? I assume that a lot of these people are adults (I use that loosely) and have children. i guess we know where the bullies come from.

January 06 2011 at 5:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Angiebaby

I saw Vanna White on the tv last night. I couldn't guess the friggin' puzzle, but that is not her fault by any means. She looked GREAT, and had on a beautiful purple gown with gold trim around the bust. My only complaint? She should have saved the dress to wear during Mardi Gras week because it was breathtaking... and the colors were perfect for it!

January 06 2011 at 5:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply