August 21, 2014

Maksim Chmerkovskiy Is 'The Bachelor' ... in Ukraine!

by Kelly Woo, posted Jan 7th 2011 1:00PM
Maksim Chmerkovskiy The Bachelor UkraineSexy 'Dancing With the Stars' pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy has steamed up the dance floor with Brandy Norwood, Erin Andrews and Mel B, but now he's taking his moves to the Ukraine to win the heart of one lucky lady in that country's version of 'The Bachelor.'

On his website, Chmerkovskiy wrote that he turned down ABC's American 'Bachelor' (which, if true, means Brad Womack was their third choice, since 'Bachelorette' runner-up Chris Lambton also declined). And though he had previously declared he'd never go on a dating reality TV show, he defended his choice by writing, "This is the first thing in a VERY LONG TIME that I'm doing for ME. For the first time I don't really care what people think. First time that I'm not being 'judged', 'placed' or 'criticized.'"

Chmerkovskiy arrived in Ukraine on Nov. 26, almost immediately after the last season of 'Dancing With the Stars' ended. He reportedly filmed for four to six weeks, and some fans wondered if a photo he posted on Twitter of a snowy chalet was a location for the show.

And Chmerkovskiy, who has often been linked to his 'DWTS' partners and was once engaged to fellow pro Karina Smirnoff, said in an interview that after turning 30, he (and his family) felt it was time to get serious about settling down.

But why did he turn down the American 'Bachelor'? On his site, he denied the idea that he wasn't attracted to American women, but simply felt that the Ukrainian version of the show might yield more honest contestants.

"There has never been a show such as this in Ukraine and it makes me think that a first season would be the most 'real' as far as participant's perception of 'what its all about' is concerned," he wrote on his site. "I know it's hard to find someone you can connect to on a project like this, but nothing is impossible. For the sake of the show I can't reveal anything, but I must say I am very pleasantly surprised so far."

Erin Andrews, his 'DWTS' season 10 partner, told Access Hollywood she had "no idea" if he found love.

UPDATE: EW reports that a source says Maksim Chmerkovskiy did NOT turn down the American 'Bachelor,' because ABC never offered it to him.

amazgrace6

MACS. Please get back here and onto DWTS. I love you xoxooxo

January 15 2011 at 11:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vickie

Like what??/Give me an example

January 10 2011 at 11:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Stefano

Russian Women are incredibly beautiful and sexy, and they don't have stupid attitudes like american women do, My fiance is russian and 20 years younger, she stole my heart the first hour I met her.
He is smart to do it there.

January 10 2011 at 12:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Stefano's comment
vickie

Stefano...like what ???give me an example?

January 10 2011 at 11:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cyndi

I am so shocked to learn that Erin and Maks are not dating ...I know both showed the looks of those in love! Body language, non-vebal communication and those touches...Not to mention the looks...
I hope Maks finds someone he will be happy with and if it is someone of his own background then maybe it can work...I thought it was a good balance with he and Erin...but I guess not...

January 09 2011 at 11:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kevin

I was hoping he was gay. Woof! he is so sexy.

January 09 2011 at 12:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shady

Maks is a excellent dancer but his disrespect for women sucks... he is stuck on himself and thinks he is god's gift to women... if something don't go his way he throws a temper tandrum like a 2 year old... yes he is sexy but sexy just don't make a MAN... He'll never find a good woman with a attitude like his....

January 08 2011 at 10:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carol Yeckes

By Wild Orchid
I think Maks has it all----------Handsome - Sexy -Extremely Talented Dancer - Choreographer --------And Very Intelligent if he had enough sense to have NOTHING to do with the laughable rendition of The Bachelor Show that the American version has turned into!!!!

January 08 2011 at 2:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Magenta

What would be very interesting reading would be the outcome of his appearance on that show. The fact he was on it is very old news. Find out what happened,then you've REALLY got something to capture our attention!

January 08 2011 at 12:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debra Carter

I beg to differ with you ddn't you see that stiffy he got when h smacked Brandy on her ass or are you blinde?

January 08 2011 at 12:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debra Carter

I think Maks is F-I-N-E and hehas a body that won't quit he has a reason to be egotistical,he's talented,handsome,and very sexy.I for one will not be tuning in this season of DWTS.Debra

January 07 2011 at 11:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply