September 19, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Sarah Palin Reminisces About Disastrous Gosselin Family Camping Trip on 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Jan 10th 2011 7:00AM
'Sarah Palin's Alaska'Sarah Palin looked back at some of the highlights of the first season of 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' (Sun., 9PM on TLC) in this final episode, which of course meant a second look at Kate Gosselin's memorable visit.

The first TLC reality superstar stopped by in the fifth episode, with her children in tow, for a camping trip. Gosselin, apparently, was wholly unprepared for the elements.

Palin recalled Gosselin saying things like, "Why would you pretend to be homeless?" and "I'm freezing to the bone [and] I have nineteen layers on."

Palin certainly seemed amused at the time, and it doesn't seem to have gotten less entertaining with time.

She did try to soften the situation by speculating that "maybe I'd be as uncomfortable in parts of her world as she was in ours."

At least, according to Palin's father, the kids had a better experience. "They were into everything and throwing rocks and trying to fish," he said. "The kids had a ball."

malkysi

I CAN'T IMAGINE WHY SARAH PALIN THINKS SHE CAN POKE FUN AT SOMEONE ELSE. SHE HAS A VERY DISFUNCTIONAL FAMILY AND IS THE LAST ONE TO FIND FAULT. IT'S THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK. +

January 11 2011 at 7:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
syl1969

Why would anyone waste their precious time watching either of these two bimbos?

January 10 2011 at 9:59 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
TundraMike2008

Just a group of uninformed, liberal, Palin-hating dolts... I suspect they better identify with the likes of Kate Gosslin.... a pansy, creature comfort loving, pathetic excuse for a real woman.

The Alaskans are thankful for the publicity to their beautiful state brought about by Sarah... and there is a companion USAT article on that subject... perhaps you should read it before continuing to make fools of yourselves.

FYI, the show was NOT cancelled... and was highly successful as measured by the level of TV viewers. It was filmed in its entirety this past summer and was complete and "in the can" months ago.
Errrrrr... you dolts DO realize it is now WINTER in Alaska, don't you?... but perhaps that is beyond your rational powers to make such a connection.

What the show also delivered, was a message about the rewards of hard work, family loyalty and support (as opposed to an egotistic, "me, me, me" attitude), and the guidance and discipline of a good mother raising her children to work hard, accept challenges, go on adventures, buy their own things, and respect others..... something sorely missing in many mothers these days.

The show was a solid success and showcased Alaska well. What have you done for your community, city, or state lately?

January 10 2011 at 5:47 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
jaba

You'd think differently of Palin if she had YOU in the cross hairs and threatened to murder YOU!

January 10 2011 at 4:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mistermac

I find it strange that with any mention of Sarah Palin 100's of critical,back biting,catty and envious people crawl out of the darkness if the internet with negative comments. I agree Sara might not be a Rhodes scholar,or a Industrial CEO or some other highly skilled individual but Sarah is what Sarah is. I don't necessarily agree with all her political views anymore than views of a lot of other political figures, but she does seem to be an example of a typical everyday American mother,proud of her State, proud of her loving family,empathetic to others,and willing to be involved in working to keep this Nation great.She is down to-to-earth and doesn't need somebody constantly stroking her ego to build her self esteem. I'd be proud to have them as next door neighbors and friends.She seems to be the type of person that will try most anything once and then determine if she would do it again. If you can't or won't contribute to making this Country great as an AMERICAN first regardless of the party label you seem to need I feel sorry for you. America is not great because of Democtats or Republicans, America is great because of AMERICANS.I have resolved to try and be a better one this year; will you join me?

January 10 2011 at 4:02 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
cheri

Why on earth is Sarah Palin's daughter a jerk? What has she ever done to make you have that opinion? Grow up.

January 10 2011 at 3:03 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
William J Evans

Neither the Gosslelins nor the Palins are worth the paper it takes to criticize the other.

Doc

January 10 2011 at 2:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeanine

I have no respect for either one of these media whores. Neither one of them is fit as a mother. They are totally self-absorbed and thinking only of how they can get their ugly mugs in front of a camera. With any luck, they both will crawl off into the wilderness never to be seen again.

January 10 2011 at 2:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
xpmark

Why do liberals hate the tea party so much?Could it be because the liberal men don't have any "tea bags" to brag about?

January 10 2011 at 2:07 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
wolf99

I think the Palins are a down to earth family with everyday family life. I grew up in a family of 5 kids I'm the fourth child. We grew up in the Catskills mountain of New York. Where the outdoors was living. To many kids and (parent Kate ) what a bitch, to spoiled. I would hate to see her without electric for a couple of days. The kids seem to have been having fun. I didn't think Sarah really put Kate down, she was pointing out Kate's bitchen that she was cold and wet. Will stupid you had every chance to heat from the camp fire. OMG grow up Kate you agreed to go on camping trip. What she expect she was going do? Have heated tent or a resort. I watched the show 2 times this pass week. Sarah you and Todd are cool parents. Yet not many people are into nature like you all are. Unless you are grew up pure counrty. I love your show.

January 10 2011 at 2:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to wolf99's comment
jaba

Down to earth? She is the BIGGEST SPACE CADET ever!

January 10 2011 at 4:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply