September 21, 2014

Dr. Drew to Host New Daytime Talk Show on The CW

by Jean Bentley, posted Jan 11th 2011 11:00AM
Dr. Drew PinskyDr. Drew Pinsky is a busy, busy man.

In addition to 'Celebrity Rehab' (and offshoots 'Sober House' and 'Sex Rehab'), a new HLN show and hosting MTV's '16 and Pregnant' and 'Teen Mom' specials, the good doctor is adding another series to his resume. Entertainment Weekly reports that Pinsky will headline a new half-hour daytime talk show on The CW called 'Dr. Drew's Lifechangers.'

Pinsky will touch on familiar topics like addiction and relationship problems, bringing in experts to weigh in on the issues.

New episodes will air weekdays at 3PM, followed by repeats at 3:30PM.

Current 'Celebrity Rehab' patient Leif Garrett questioned the show's format last weekend in a Los Angeles Times article, but credited Pinsky with helping to turn his life around. He's "100% the real deal."

michelle_walker9

DR. DREW THAT'S THE HOLY SPIRIT!!!!!!! YOU WERE FEELING WHEN YOU WERE INTERVIEWING CHERYL!!!! IT IS REALLLLLLLLL!!!

February 20 2012 at 9:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
steve p

Today's show, (10/28/11), was too obvious. It makes me think Drew is working against a positive portraile of Black women; in this show especially. I wonder if this guy has a certain kind of grin for this show's impression?
I think his days on the air are coming to a close. (No threat! Just an opinion of an obvious American attitude, in 2011).

October 28 2011 at 10:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
steve p

The show today, October 28, 2011, had an example of your shows staff choosing poorly, show guests. There were no examples of average Black American Women. The women shown were all nuerotic type attitudes. One woman seemed that she would be the type to take a body part while a man was asleep!!! (And that woman, I'm sorry to say, seems to have been abused, which is common among beautiful Black Women.)
Black people, in my opinion, have not spoke the same language since slavery. Black men are seeking women who want to be their friend; simply. And you can't get a reasonable comment from someone who is "high"!
Can your show's staff do this again, only if they can raise their standard from Black disorders?!

October 28 2011 at 6:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
comstockco

Hello,
Wow! I can't imagine having to send three kids to college at once. Here's a little something I got from the door of one of my professors, when I was in college.
Dear Dad,
$chool i$ really great. I am making lot$ of friend$ and $tudying very hard. With all my $tuff, I $imply can't think of anything I need.. $o if you would like, you can ju$t $end me a card, a$ I would love to hear from you.
Love, Your $on.

Dear Son,
IkNOw that astroNOmy, ecoNOmics, and oceaNOgraphy are eNOugh to keep even an hoNOr student busy. Do NOt forget that the pursuit of kNOwledge is a NOble task, and you can never study eNOugh.
Love, Dad

Thoroughly enjoying your show, Dr. Drew. Keep up the great work!

Lisa

May 22 2011 at 10:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chrisvaguillard

I am trying to find out more about the show I saw on Thurs night. Not sure who the man being interviewed is.
He is a movie director or producre who suffered a concussion and revealed his life changes. He has adapted a simpler
lifestyle, moved from a mansion to a mobile home etc. What is his name? Has he written a book regarding his beliefs.
Me

May 13 2011 at 1:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tamrn39

As an ER nurse I have found his advice very insightful. It has helped me understand and deal with patient's with addiction and mental health issues. Not only has he helped his patients, but he's helped health care providers deal these types of issues. He knows his stuff!

January 12 2011 at 4:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Erik

Yes, also busy with Loveline SUN-THURS. evenings helping our youth. Hmmm, a Nobody? Well unlike your precious "Dr. Phil" (Part of the Oprah television dominance) He's a REAL Doctor! Just because he is up front and doesn't water it down for you, doesn't mean it is bad TV. Not every topic is relevent to everyone, it just shows his diversity. As far as addiction, he doesn't usually get a mainstream show since he is real enough to not hang on puppet strings, so gets spotlight where he can. I see nothing wrong with that. At least he continues to help people. And papam11-you do what to be in such a position to judge?

January 12 2011 at 12:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
uacrack

He also does appearances on Adam Carollas podcast

January 11 2011 at 10:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to uacrack's comment
uacrack

Free on itunes

January 11 2011 at 10:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sdhdfjs

Loved listening to his original show "Loveline" when I was a teen, but now? TOO MUCH!! I wonder if he can be taken seriously at all?I am an Air Force and seek ing someone .I need a woman who can love me back ...I also uploaded my hot photos on uniformedDate.c omunder the name of jay55..It's the largest and best club for seek ing Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Police Force, and the admirers of those who wear the uniform.I just hope you don't mind me being a soldier ...Please Check it out!I'm serious

January 11 2011 at 11:36 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
tegut

I am glad that Dr Drew will have another show. I think that he is smart and honest. Good for him

January 11 2011 at 10:53 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
caty306933

Everyone has opinions but I do feel Dr. Drew really helps people. It just so happens he does it publicly! I find Celebrity Rehab more than just about stars and their addictions. If the show and Dr. Drew helps one person because they watched the show, it is all worth it! As a fan of Dr. Drew for many years, and growing up in a very dysfunctional family (sexual, physical and mental abuse) myself, he said something to a "star" that really helped me. He said "You will never have the father or mother you wished for, the father and mother that loves you, it's just not going to happen". It really made me stop wishing and hoping and being sad all the time. I realized I have to move on. I am 54 years old and I finally heard the words that would help me! So Thank You Very Much Dr. Drew! You are giving me a new outlook and a new way to look at things. I'm moving on and making the life I want and not dwelling on what I should of had as a child! It is that simple. You have changed my life.

January 11 2011 at 10:45 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply