September 2, 2014

'Law & Order: Los Angeles' Cast Changes Confirmed

by Kelly Woo, posted Jan 12th 2011 10:40PM
Alfred Molina Terrence HowardAs we reported earlier, 'Law & Order: Los Angeles' is undergoing a cast shake-up after a slow start this fall, with stars Skeet Ulrich, Reginal Hall and Megan Boone departing the show.

Creator Dick Wolf has now revealed his plan to revamp the new spin-off series. After Ulrich departs in episode 14 (likely to air sometime in March), Alfred Molina's D.D.A. Ricardo Morales will return to his former job as a detective and team up with Corey Stoll's Det. TJ Jaruszalski. Meanwhile, Terrence Howard's D.D.A Jonah Dekker now will be the lead prosecutor.

Molina and Howard previously traded off episodes; both will now appear every week.

"We have the fortune of two world class actors on 'LOLA,' and it was frustrating to have one on the bench every week. It would be like having Peyton Manning and Tom Brady as your quarterbacks, playing alternate games," Wolf said in the statement.

The show is also reportedly seeking a new actress to play an ADA under Dekker.

Since it debuted to 10.6 million viewers, 'Law & Order: Los Angeles' has flagged in the ratings. And while Wolf has been known to tweak the casts of his shows, this drastic of a change so early on in the series' run is unusual. Still, the restructuring will lead to a show format that more resembles the others in the 'L&O' franchise, with a lead prosecutor and a lead detective team splitting time.

Tell us: What do you think of the changes to 'LOLA'?

gumster010

dont understand...Skeet was killed off but now nbc is showing new epiaodes with him in it. Why did they skip to the episode where he dies and now they r showing new shows with him in it?.....r they rethinking the fhange...r they goung to bring show back with him....good show and i like skee. Anybody know whats going on??

July 16 2011 at 11:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wendy J.

I miss Skeet Ulrich. Maybe we should send some Peanuts to the NBC studios. I'm sure Skeet's fans know what I'm talking about!

May 10 2011 at 1:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vickie

DON'T LIKE THAT THEY TOOK SKEET ULRICH OFF THE SHOW,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS THE REASON I STARTED WATCHING THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 26 2011 at 7:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cavalierqueen

I watched for Skeet Ulrich...seems like anything he is in just gets cancelled too fast! I was prepared to enjoy the redo of the LOLA series, and did the first two episodes. But with Skeet gone, and Molina hogging almost every scene it annoys. The rest of the characters seem to have nothing to do except play off of the 'perfect' Molina character. ANNOYING. And I was also annoyed that they brought in Alana D but kept her as an ADA UNDER Howard's DA. Why do the women always get the supporting lawyer roles?

April 20 2011 at 4:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Diane Flannagan

I was watching because of Skeet Ulrich but now he is off the show so why bother..Have loved Law and Order but hate to have to watch an actor get killed off and will miss it and skeet.
Hope to fine his on another show.. Loved him on Jerrico,
I just read the comments under mine since it did not submit ... and I can't believe we all feel the same..
Couldn't they just write him back in as not really dead.. come on, do we have to send peanuts...like before..

April 18 2011 at 8:03 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Diane Boomershine

I've never been a fan of any of the Law and Order shows. But, when Law and Order LA arrived on the scene with Skeet Ulrich - I watched it faithfully. Skeet was the actor who drew me to the show. What is going on? Why did he leave???? Where will he go now? He and his partner had good chemistry. I am NOT happy about the change! I liked the show the way it was. Boooooo!

April 15 2011 at 12:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pebs

I could not wait for the show each week to come on. What have you done? Skeet Ulrich made the show. I enjoyed the show the way it was. Now It is boring & no life to it. You need young blood which he was. The writers, etc, you should have let go. All new shows never give the show a chance. You lost my husband & I, my sister & brother. We will not be watching anymore. Mr. Wolf you messed up big time.

April 12 2011 at 3:51 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
womenscountry

I actually liked it like it was......they hardly gave it a fair chance. When all the new shows start at once no one can watch them all, they shut them down way to soon. I too am a fan of Skeet Ulrich .

April 12 2011 at 3:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lynn

i won't be watching any more without skeet ulrich..he was the only reason i watched!

April 12 2011 at 2:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jerremy Davidson

As with the rest of the comments posted. My wife and I no longer will be watching your show. Mr. Ulrich was your premier star. At least we still have the NCIS series on CBS.

April 12 2011 at 1:55 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply