September 19, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Camille Grammer: Filming Reality Show While Going Through Divorce Was 'Surreal' (VIDEO)

by Nick Zaino, posted Jan 13th 2011 2:00PM

Camille Grammer on divorce, 'Housewives' on 'The Early Show'Camille Grammer went on 'The Early Show' (Weekdays, 7AM on CBS) this morning to discuss her divorce from actor Kelsey Grammer and her time on 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.' Grammer said it was emotionally draining to go through a break-up while being filmed.

"To have to play it out on a reality TV show is, again, surreal," she said. "It's hard to show up for camera and be camera-ready when you're crying the night before."

She said she had been reluctant to do 'Housewives,' but Kelsey encouraged her to do it, hoping it would give her something of her own. When asked if Kelsey may have had ulterior motives, Camille said, "I can't speak for him, but maybe, now, looking back."

She also said that some of the settlement numbers reporteded in the tabloids have been "exaggerated," and that she would like child support and spousal support from Kelsey.

jkellaw

I am sorry--at first she was fun to watch suffer, then it just dwindled into the most irritating state of boredom imaginable. I am done. When she says "to be honest with you," i laugh!

January 16 2011 at 3:14 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
GOOD LOOKING

Kelsey is a jerk and no I was not left by my ex for a younger woman. My ex is a lot like Kelsey, he ran around and screwed whatever had a hole in them and I mean everyone, Thank God he didn't bring home some disease to me. My ex ended up with an older woman who ended up taking him to the cleaners and now the ex is working on number 4. Me? I have been happy for the last 18 years with my present husband. But back to Kelsey, that woman deserves better and if she put up with so much I can understand why is is a bit off herself. She needs to just take care of her kids, move on with her own career and don't look back. Let the creep use yet another woman who was stupid enough to beleive that he won't do to her what he has done to the rest of his ex's. I mean come on women, are we still that lame to think we can change men or when they cheat on their wives with you that he won't end up cheating on you with yet another woman?

January 16 2011 at 2:07 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
ssned5

Both Kelsey and Camille are at fault here. Kelsey is going on his FOURTH marriage and has an erratic history of (dysfunctional) relationships. That any woman wouldn't seriously rethink marriage to a man like that just shows what the true motivation is in why women marry men( aka: $$$$$) like this. While I agree that cheating is destructive and destroys relationships, that Camille is "stunned" that her marriage was even on the rocks just shows how naive and clueless she really is. Camille is a vapid and shallow woman. Her history as an escort and "exotic" dancer, doesn't exactly portray her as the unaware, vulnerable and morally upstanding wife she pretends to be.
They both had a hand in this.
Camille wanted the money and fame associated with marrying a celebrity and Kelsey wanted a blond, plastic-"surgeried", trophy wife. Now he's simply trading in on a younger model. Watch the new wife "transform" herself within the next few years (and by that I mean countless trips to Adrienne Maloof-Nassif 's plastic surgeon husband, Dr. Paul Nassif) and then end us just like all of his exes as he then trades her in!
Pathetic.

January 16 2011 at 1:44 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

The woman has 4 nannies for 2 kids and those were both born by surrogate. (She has IBS...yeah! Ok!) She complained to her CANCER STRICKEN Mother about how "Tired" she was! Did she deserve to get dumped...yes. Did she deserve the way he did it? No, no one deserves that. He's a typical Hollywood classless pig.

January 16 2011 at 1:43 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
redangelflyinghi

13 Years is not a Gold Digger!
PS They are getting a public divorce.
Look in your own playpen first before throwing toys.'

January 16 2011 at 1:03 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
coursingthru

Oh and PS: If Camille's so called "psychic" friend was just that....too bad she didn't let her know this was coming. Maybe she only knows how to "mind tap" into the cold. Maybe she was talking about Camille that night and not Kyle's husband - makes sense now.

January 16 2011 at 12:45 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
thomasecw

Another story about yet another "gold digger". One would think this ploy would be so apparent to the Hollywood types.

January 16 2011 at 12:38 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
coursingthru

Please people....ever here of Hugh Hefner? I never see him getting beat up for bring 2 or more 18 year olds (and twins!) into his bedroom.

Everyone with the slamming comments against Kelsey must've been left for a younger woman.

The Housewives show isn't new to the world - so Camille knew what she was signing up for and how one gets portrayed - ESPECIALLY in B.H. So I do not feel sorry for her at all - who knows how she really treated him behind closed doors. Maybe he himself grew tired of her lack of maternal instincts towards their children and most likely was the same towards him. It's obvious money is very important to her along with image, except she lacks morals and respect for other women's husbands ON TV, so she really cannot not "cry every night" because she is being left for another woman.

You get what you give.

The money will make it all go away and I am sure something will come out about her and Nick soon.

January 16 2011 at 12:35 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
omountainman

I've seen this show with my girlfriend and everyone's math is way off! I was born in 1961 and I'll be 50 this year, Camille was born in 1963, that makes her two years younger than me. So, she's not 39, 42 or whatever. She's 47 going on 48 and looks like crap in the face and the rest is plastic. And from what I've seen of the shown she's a *****. You don't take another guy, besides your husband on trips and dance close or kiss him full on the mouth, ever! And as for the kids, I can't believe Kelsey agreed to let her use a surrogate. Those kids aren't even hers and she has nothing to do with them except when the carmeras are around. I think Kelsey encouraging her to do the show was a way to legally get cameras to spy on her, so everyone could see what she's really like!

January 16 2011 at 12:23 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
emmett

I couldn't go on and read all of these comments for fear of drowning in what appears to be a teeny-bopper pool of dish-raging hormones. If you can extract one morsel of 'food for thought' from this combined mess, it points out the classic case of 'a woman scorned' . Camille has every right to restore her pride if she feels she has been irreparably wronged, but there is a line to be drawn before going over-board and diminishing your character in the public forum. As for Kelsey, did he really prepare for this onslaught? Did he guide his wife with all the care and understanding to separate amicably, I don't think so. As a consequence they become the unwitting targets of the witless comments herein .

January 16 2011 at 12:14 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply