April 24, 2014

John Dye of 'Touched By An Angel' Dead at 47

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 13th 2011 11:30AM
John DyeJohn Dye, who played angel Andrew on 'Touched By An Angel' for nine seasons, has died.

The actor passed away from heart failure in California on Monday. He was 47.

The Mississippi-born actor co-starred with Roma Downey and Della Reese on the hit CBS show from 1994 to 2003, and was a regular on shows including 'Tour of Duty,' 'Jack's Place' and 'Hotel Malibu.'

He also appeared on 'Murder, She Wrote,' 'Promised Land,' and ''The Young & The Restless,' as well as the TV movies 'The Billionaire Boys Club,' 'Once Upon A Christmas,' and its sequel, 'Twice Upon A Christmas.'

On Twitter, co-stars Valerie Bertinelli and Kathy Ireland remembered Dye, with Bertinelli writing, "Dear, sweet John Dye, rest in peace."

Jim Dixon

To the Dye family,,We Know John stood tall and true in many peoples hearts, including our family,, and for that reason alone He will always remain in our memories, Our Thanks for John being sent to us,, does bring some Good in A world thats gone bad,, I say Bless you folks,, I and my family are Eternaly Greatful ,,, Brother Jim Dixon&Family

October 22 2011 at 10:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim Dixon

October 22 2011 at 10:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karina

What a young age, my, my, my condolences...

September 18 2011 at 10:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bruce and Sue

It all seems so wrong but, God makes no mistakes.

January 20 2011 at 9:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rrkatwoman

im so sorry to hear of johns death i really loved watching him on touched by an angel and other shows he will be well recieved in heaven

January 19 2011 at 10:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mike

John, REST IN PEACE MY PRAY ARE WITH YOU.

January 19 2011 at 3:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mama Nette

oldnanny1 So sad to hear of Johns passing. He brought a lot of happiness to many folks while he was on the Tube. I pray that heaven will recieve him warmly.

January 19 2011 at 1:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
isntsheluvly8

AWWWW..."Andrew" is gone!! Rest in Peace

January 19 2011 at 11:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gramnajt

Good Morning sweet pea, have a good day and I love you. Gramma

January 19 2011 at 7:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cadre500

John Dye, may God bless your soul and may you soar with the angels.

January 19 2011 at 7:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply