September 30, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Kevin James Admits to Reaching 302 lbs. on 'Late Show With David Letterman' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Jan 13th 2011 3:48AM
Kevin James, 'Late Show with David Letterman'Some comedians are well known for their girth, and in fact have used their size to enhance their comedy. Kevin James didn't so much build his success around his waist size, but it did become a factor in many of the characters he played. Nevertheless, James has taken himself to task for his weight and lost a lot of it.

He looked great on 'Late Show' (Weeknights, 11:35PM on CBS), where he admitted that he reached his all-time high during the filming of his latest movie, 'The Dilemma.'

"I got on the scale and it read 290 pounds," he admitted. "I'm only ten pounds away from 300. Then I realized, I'm only ten pounds away from 300!" In the end, he would get up to 302 pounds before he turned his weight problem around.

David Letterman asked him if anyone had ever pulled him aside and said anything like, "People don't like really big, big fat movie stars."

James didn't really have a response to that question. There have, of course, been some very successful "really big, big fat movie stars," but they haven't also been healthy. And what's more important, really?

froga28570

It is harder than heck to loose weight. Cudos to him!

January 13 2011 at 2:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
harolddundee

James and Letterman,two pieces of crap on the same stage.

January 13 2011 at 1:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carole Ann

For Hank..... hate much? Jealous much?

January 13 2011 at 1:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gbuz2

I have always been impressed with Kevin James' agility despite being overweight: from the final dance scene in "Hitch" where he jumps in the air and lands in a half split to the episode of "King of Queens" where he was showing Carrie how to use a stripper pole. At some point in time, he was obviously very athletic. More power to him. I think he's great.

January 13 2011 at 12:34 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
tyandkaysdad3

not everyone that is overweight is a fat slob hank..look in the mirror and see what about you might turn people off,my bet is your attitude and your hateful thoughts..kevin james is probably worth at least $100 million dollars..not too bad.

January 13 2011 at 12:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Diane

How did he lose it?

January 13 2011 at 11:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bgatlake

I can't stand letterman, and "hey" LUVS, I really hate your commercial, it's stupid and nasty.

January 13 2011 at 10:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
toothis

How many guests secretly want to smack Dave in the mouth? I bet Kevin is one of them.

January 13 2011 at 10:39 AM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
firststatemate

Kevin looks fabulous! I wish him the best in maintaining the loss.

January 13 2011 at 9:29 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
roy

Two words..........Drew Carrey! How about that!!!

January 13 2011 at 8:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply