October 31, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Seth Rogen Talks of Proposing to His Near-Naked Girlfriend on 'The Tonight Show' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Jan 13th 2011 2:26AM
Seth Rogen, 'The Tonight Show'Calling all men who will soon be proposing to their girlfriends. Listen carefully to the words of yon Seth Rogen on 'The Tonight Show' (Weeknights, 11:35PM on NBC). For his is a cautionary tale. His is a lesson in how not to propose to the woman you love.

Perhaps, like our poor Mr. Rogen, it will have slipped your mind that the story of your proposal is one that people will want to hear again and again.

For fear of losing the ring once acquired, Rogen scrapped his elaborate plans and ran upstairs to propose to his lovely girlfriend right away.

"She happened to only be in her underpants," he said, noting specifically that her upper body was bare.

"I didn't think I'd be telling it so much when I did it," Rogen lamented. "Her parents have heard me tell the story, and her dad's not happy about it.

"You couldn't have waited until she had a shirt on at all? That wasn't an option?" his future father-in-law asked.

We know it's an exciting time and you can't wait to see her eyes light up and -- hopefully -- hear that "Yes," but do take a moment to consider the circumstances of the situation you're finding yourself in. Is she dressed? Is she otherwise occupied in the bathroom? Are you dressed? Just be sure that this is a moment you'll want to share with others time and again and you'll be fine.

Lee Ann

I am so tired of Kelsey Grammer,and I can't understand where her head is. He always seemed a little wierd way back years ago...Having his new girl friend right there almost made me sick, I won't watch any thing with him in it again.His wife doesn't act like she knows whats going on,I hope she is able to help the children.

January 14 2011 at 7:38 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
noseless_wonder

Could've heard this on Conan MONTHS ago. Once again, TTS is behind the times.

January 13 2011 at 11:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rosem86

Say what you want, but If My boyfriend did that to me, he would be dead, and Its a toss up as to who would get to him first, Me, My Brother or My Dad. This generation of do nothings have no respect for anyone or anything.

January 13 2011 at 7:47 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to rosem86's comment
DanGarion

Really? Come on get the stick out of your ass. He loves the woman and we couldn't want to ask her to marry him, big deal.

January 18 2011 at 11:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BOBRAKES

rogen was part of the wpost crossword today.

January 13 2011 at 2:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
harolddundee

This is an old story.

January 13 2011 at 2:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
phil4remax

What's the point, Dad? They are having sex already, so why does she have to be dressed? Were there other people there? It's chill time!

January 13 2011 at 1:59 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
meese310035

I was in just a tank and panties. lol. We were getting ready to go out for dinner but decided to relax in the hotel room for a bit and go for a swim. I sort of felt it coming on so I threw on some pants. it was still very funny because I kept turning on the television at first and he kept turning it off. I thought he was just kidding around with me. It was wonderful though and very well thought out. He had taken me to Chicago for a weekend getaway. It was our 4yr anniversary. Afterwards we went to a lovely dinner overlooking the city. The restaurant staff new we were coming and everything. They even wrote in chocolate on our dessert plate "Congratulations on your engagement.". He had a horse drawn carriage ride planned but it was cold and snowy so it didn't work, but still very thoughtful. I can't wait to marry this amazing man of mine :)

January 13 2011 at 1:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rkrippler

Rogen already told this story on Conan.... In September

January 13 2011 at 1:47 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
pat

That face, that laugh, that body..Seth..P R E N U P..just do it!

January 13 2011 at 1:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply