December 19, 2014

NBC Postpones 'Law & Order: Los Angeles' Return Indefinitely

by Kelly Woo, posted Jan 18th 2011 6:45PM
Law and Order Los angelesLooks like justice is on hold in Hollywood. In a press release, NBC announced it is postponing the Feb. 8 return of 'Law & Order: Los Angeles.'

The shelving comes on the heels of major shake-ups to the cast, including the departure of star Skeet Ulrich. The show is now on hold indefinitely.

The postponement produced ripple effects across NBC's schedule. 'Parenthood,' which had been set to move to Mondays on March 1, will stay in its Tuesday 10PM timeslot for the rest of the season.

'America's Next Great Restaurant' will now premiere on Sun., March 6 at 8PM ET. And 'The Marriage Ref,' which was scheduled to return for a second season at that time, is also on hold until a later date.

Whether 'LOLA's can be retooled before the end of this season remains to be seen. Three cast members -- Ulrich, Regina Hall and Megan Boone -- were let go. Alfred Molina and Terrence Howard's deputy district attorney characters alternated weeks; now Molina's Ricardo Morales will return to the police force as a detective and both actors will appear every week. The show is also reportedly looking for a female ADA.

Mitzzy40

I really like ALL the L&Os. But my favorite was Criminal Intent with Vincent D'Onofrio. I wish he would come back and also L&O the original one. L&O Los Angeles is an outstanding show (my Constitutionally-protected opinion). I especially like Terrence Howard and Alfred Molina. They are really good actors, especiallly Mr. Molina. Too bad that NBC continues to make so many bad decisions about the shows that people like. Look what they had to do to bring Jay Leno back. Thank God they got rid of Conan. Bottom line: bring back L&O Los Angeles as soon as possible.....

February 05 2011 at 10:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vjsw

Bring back L&O the original get rid of L&O LA terrible cast.I know Angie Harmon has her own show but brink her back the best ADA of them all she didn't take no stuff fron anybody. Next was Alana De La Garza. She really got into her role when she left CSI Miami she even cut her hair to have a more serious look for her role as ADA.

February 01 2011 at 9:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
evden eve nakliyat

evve Dahil Hakimler, Avukatlar ve polis kişisel. Şahsen ben ya da herhangi bir sevmiyorum Los Angeles zaten attı. Hakkında Bebe Neuwerth? O "Jüri tarafından Deneme" ile bir çekim vardı ve onlar Away From It Took Her "Jerry Orbach vefat ettiğinde. Buradaki sorun uzlaşma haftalık TV yapmak Güvenilir bir yıldız olarak ya da kendilerini daha ziyade filmler yapar mısın gerekir yapmak daha fazla para ona bulgudur.evve)http://www.evvenakliyat.com

January 20 2011 at 1:51 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
wishladya

I can't get away from Law and Order. I used to like watching it, but it has saturated everything! It's on every cable channel except The Weather Channel. (note tongue in cheek). I really get upset when I think I'm going to watch the 13th rerun of an NCIS show and Law and Order has taken over. Then it turns up on A&E! I can't get away from it! I've worked in a law office for 50 years. I've enough of Law and Order. I don't want to see it anymore. P.S. I still read case law for fun, but enough is enough. Please can't we just give it up and maybe somebody write a new legal show that is apolitical? And by the way. I'd keep on liking many actors if they kept their political opinions to themselves as well.

January 19 2011 at 10:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pittsu

See what happens when NBC messes with a good thing. Canceling the original Law & Order so unceremoniously was the first big mistake. Then they tried to pull in fans by going to LA. None of those characters were believable or had any substance. Doesn't matter what changes they attempt, there are too many comparisons to the original and anything else will fail. Why to keep your viewers NBC.

January 19 2011 at 9:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
as85382

This show won't be missed by me. I love them all, wanted to like this one, but it just never 'grabbed' me. I loved Criminal Intent with D'Onofrio also; if he's healthy, they should bring him back. But SVU is my favorite; always has been.

January 19 2011 at 7:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RMS

Sounds like they've already made up their minds. Another big mistake by NBC following their big mistake of dropping Southland. If they do manage to save L & O Los Angeles, bring in some old characters from other Law and Order shows that could "relocate" to LA. Include judges, attorneys, and police personel. Personally, I don't like any of the Los Angeles cast anyway. How about Bebe Neuwerth? She had a shot with "Trial by Jury" and they took it away from her when Jerry Orbach passed away. Problem here is finding a bankable star who will do weekly TV, as most of them would rather do movies and make more money at it.

January 19 2011 at 7:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sedityone

Good! The show was horrible and I really wanted to like it. TIf they bring it back they HAVE to add some grit and realness to it. All the actors were so un-interesting that it was almost embarrassing. It was as though they were just going through the motions. They should have just left the original Law & Order on because even in its last days it was still better than L&O LA. If they mess with SVU I'm going on strike!

January 19 2011 at 7:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pontiacinf

it figures one of the few shows that fires on most cylinders gets boinked-if they cancel Harrys law which fires on all cylinders im done with NBC

January 19 2011 at 7:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mtlmasters

all its going to do is make her already swelled head bigger who cares

January 19 2011 at 7:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply