October 25, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

A Shocking Weigh-In on 'The Biggest Loser': Did They Throw It? (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Jan 19th 2011 12:56AM
'The Biggest Loser'On 'The Biggest Loser' (Tue., 8PM on NBC), Jillian Michaels called twin police officers Dan and Don out of the gym so she could try and get into their heads. Dan has seemed ready almost since the beginning to leave the show and get back home to his wife and daughter, and he admitted his willingness to go home again tonight.

What Bob Harper and Michaels feared was that he wasn't in the right head space yet to succeed there. He vowed to fight on at the Ranch, but did he?

Arthur had struggled with health issues this week and had been pumped with antibiotics and carbs and was forbidden to work out in the gym. After a four-pound weight loss he was convinced that his team was headed out the door. Until the Black Team weighed in.

In what has to be the biggest shocker in the history of the game, Dan and Don each gained a staggering nine pounds. That's an eighteen-pound gain for the team. Did they throw it on purpose?

Is there any way they couldn't have? They say they didn't, but it is difficult to fathom how they could have gained that much on the Biggest Loser Ranch.

In the end, Dan got his wish and was sent packing, where he actually did very well with his wife and daughter by his side.

mcjacw

I kind of wondered if they where mall cops or something? I"m sorry I hate to see people not have jobs but to be that big how can you do your job right? Maybe if its traffic cop or something. Clearly not in shape. And I can see why they both got so big. Misery loves company and they have each other to say its ok to let themselves go. With that said so glad to see the one that went home turn the corner and do something about it!! Go job! Just don't understand why he couldn't do that at the ranch.

January 19 2011 at 10:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Amiee/Patrick

I imagine the pressure and physical workouts to lose weight are tremendous. I cannot imagine losing 14 pounds in one week like one of the contestants did. The issue here that bothers me is, Don and Dan are cops. Not only would I think it would take a much thicker skin to be an officer, I'd think they wouldn't be "quitters". But even more shocking to me is, HOW in the world and WHY would any police department employ people who cannot even see their feet? I mean come on. They are not physically fit to be law enforcement officers unless they sit at a desk 100% of the time and even then, really?

January 19 2011 at 4:49 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
dvdlbt1

Whats Next? Farting Contests?

January 19 2011 at 3:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
scootydog12

oh my goodness that is so wierd

January 19 2011 at 2:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
slowhanddean

Just another loser show.The show not the people!

January 19 2011 at 2:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
carol105100

I don't beleive the cheated, they work out hard and I don't know how they could get enough food to cheat, and drinking that much water would be impossible, I know it can happen I have had Gastric By Pass, never did loss much weight, anytime I eat even a little more then a cup of food I can put on 5 to 7 lbs in one day so I know it can happen and no reason for it, I wish both of the the best,

January 19 2011 at 2:17 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
maryb59

There are cameras all over that ranch. The contestants are there every day with a limited food supply and daily workouts with trainers and, again, cameras. I don't believe anyone could have an opportunity to leave the ranch to get food or to manage to eat it without being on camera. Yannabnc had the best answer I can see, that maybe they drank a lot of water right before the weigh-in. But even so, 9 pounds would sure be a lot of water!

January 19 2011 at 2:10 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
yannabnc

All you have to do is drink a lot of water. It's been done on the show before.

January 19 2011 at 2:01 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to yannabnc's comment
rose

You are right, a few years ago a contestant wanted to go home so he drank a gallon jug of water, which happend to weigh 9 lbs. Interesting

January 25 2011 at 6:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
llaport01

I have compassion for these guys, but to purposely gain weight, when there are literally hundreds and thousands of people dying for the chance is sissy...what is wrong with the police department allowing them to get that fat, and still employing them? How effective can they be in the field...they couldnt chase a suspect to save thier lives!!

January 19 2011 at 2:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to llaport01's comment
Sarah Bergey

They eat doughnuts on the job. The police department supplies the doughnuts, I'm sure. So how could they fire Dan and Don for something they helped them to do?

And I agree that it was stupid for them to throw it. They were totally smiling when they saw the results. Most people would be crying at that point. :/

January 19 2011 at 2:12 PM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Sarah Bergey's comment
gina

Here we go again, blame someone for the weight gain. The dept didn't forced them to eat thoses damn doughnuts.... HOW LAME !!!! Point the blame where it belongs.

January 19 2011 at 3:28 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down
dottievanpelt

i don't know what happened but i don't think they cheated, i've seen strange things happen when people start a new eating program, when i went on weight watchers, i lost 10lb. the first week and one week i mantained, all the other weeks, i lost until i got to my goal weight. but i seen strange things happen to other people. back when i started,we didn.t even do excersises. the combinations of food we ate, we didn't have hanging skin. i love this show, i feel like i know these people. i don't think jillian should have gotten mad at dan and don, they need encouragement not beat down, i hope don loses boo-coos next week. i love these people.

January 19 2011 at 1:59 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply