October 25, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Ashley Sullivan's 'American Idol' Audition: A Whole Can of Crazy (VIDEO)

by Elizabeth Chan, posted Jan 19th 2011 11:30PM
It's not uncommon to watch contestants put forth their showbiz dreams in their auditions, but it seems that the state of New Jersey has opened up a can of crazy as far as 'American Idol' auditions go.

Ashley Sullivan aspires to be the first "showtunes pop star." (Has anyone told her this has been done already, as in 'Glee' or Liza Minnelli?)

But Ashley's got the drive and, frankly, disturbing desperation, to prove it. Check out her Britney Spears kind of 'Crazy' in the video below.

'American Idol' airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8PM ET on Fox

Carol Mccarthy

I think Ashley Sullivan has a voice. She just needs to get a grip!. Ashley! tune everything out! Sing from your gut and sing like you are home looking in the mirror. You've got what it takes! JUST DO IT and you will feel so much better about yourself. You know you can!

February 21 2011 at 8:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
baydolphins2003n

whole show was totally boring...Idol's time is over

January 20 2011 at 2:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phyl

I was disappointed with AI last night....Randy seemd the only one who would make a decision. The other two just waited for him to make his decision...then he would have to ask them... yes or no. The judges were boring and I did not see any talent last night that stood out....I didn't see an AI winner in there. I stopped watching Live to Dance because it was so boring, please get it together, I don't want to stop watching AI too.

January 20 2011 at 11:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
abacopeach

What a pleasant surprise! Steven Tyler was a hoot! It really was quite entertaining. I am with the others -- didn't miss Simon at all.

In reference to Tyler: Some people who decide to hate someone will hate them no matter what they do or say. An open mind would cure that disease.

January 20 2011 at 9:57 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
cowboy9156

Steven Tyler may know his music and some like to listen to him. But I don't see how anyone could look at that guy over two fried eggs in the morning. Wow, he hurts my eyes. Having said that, I won't be watching Idol at all this season.

January 20 2011 at 9:12 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to cowboy9156's comment
TrollHater

I'm sure they will miss your viewership....don't hate on a 62 year old legends looks, prettyboy, lol.

January 20 2011 at 9:57 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
mariabjost

Hey cowboy, if you're so hot, why not post your picture instead of a boring golfer?
When you 've had as much success as Tyler has had, then you can throw stones. The engergy he has at his age is amazing, whether you like his music or not.
You are very shallow.

January 21 2011 at 9:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JOSIE ZWEBNER

IALL I CAN SAY IS I MISSED SIMON SOO MUCH. HE WAS THE BEST. AJAY1019

January 20 2011 at 9:10 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
bubblepuppy714

Disappointing. The show lacks bite, although Steven Tyler was entertaining at times. What is the deal with Jennifer Lopez and her inability to tell people the truth? JLo would put a yowling cat in heat thru to Hollywood instead of telling the truth. She needs to step up, be honest and quit letting Randy and Steven be the fall guys. She knows if someone is awful she can still vote yes and the others will vote no. You can give people an honest critique without being nasty. Finally, nobody should ever go to Hollywood because they beg, plead, and grovel for the judges; either they have the chops or they don't. Begging doesn't change their talent or lack thereof.

January 20 2011 at 9:07 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
heavymetalmary

Not a previous fan of this show (only watched Adam Lambert religiously), but the new panel has fueled my interest. I thought the judges were very good, each showing thier expertise while not being cruel. LOVE Steven Tyler and the way his eyes change when he hears something he likes! As for the contestants "not dressing up" - give me a break, this is just the beginning- it looks like they wore thier own clothes, not fixed up by some costumers and makeup people. These are regular people, not rock stars - yet! That waitress who made it through was very casual, but it was REAL. I'm sure that as the season continues that we will see the contestants expand thier talents - and wardrobes. Me, personally, I'd love to go shopping with Steven!

January 20 2011 at 9:07 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to heavymetalmary's comment
cowboy9156

Adamn Lambert is a N A S T Y F REAK of nature.

January 20 2011 at 9:18 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to cowboy9156's comment
mariabjost

Hey cowboy....All of your comments are negative. You even comment on past AI in a negative light. If you hate it so much, why watch it? You must be a very lonely depressed insecure person who does nothing but sit at his PC because no one wants be near you.. You are sad.

January 21 2011 at 9:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down
toddisit

Not saying it wasn't entertaining, but the show seemed a little too balanced, lacked energy and humor without Simon And Paula going at it. Maybe it will get better later. I wasn't holding my side laughing like past openers.

January 20 2011 at 9:00 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to toddisit's comment
cowboy9156

The Judges for America's Got Talent are much more entertaining and interesting than these clowns.

January 20 2011 at 9:20 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
CHEO FELICIANO

WOW, WOW, WOW,, I WAS AMAZED WITH AMERICAN IDOL. I ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS KIND OF BORING, BUT LAST NIGHT, MADE ME RECONCIDER.THIS YEAR I WILL WATCH IT!

January 20 2011 at 8:58 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply