October 1, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Bill O'Reilly Is Worried Anne Hathaway Will Ruin the Oscars (VIDEO)

by Jeremy Taylor, posted Jan 20th 2011 3:20PM
On 'The O'Reilly Factor' (weekdays, 8PM ET on Fox News) Dennis Miller and Bill O'Reilly were discussing Ricky Gervais' controversial hosting of the Golden Globes, when the topic turned to Anne Hathaway, who will be co-hosting the Academy Awards with James Franco.

"I think Anne Hathaway hosting the Academy Awards is going to be brutal," O'Reilly opined. "She's going to be like Joan Rivers out there. I can't imagine."

"I don't think so, Billy," Miller disagreed. "I think that Franco kid is very funny, she's very charming. They're going for a new Hollywood thing. I'm not as down on it as you are."

"I'm not down on it," O'Reilly clarified. "I'm just very worried that Anne may, you know, say something offensive."

Since we don't associate Anne Hathaway with saying offensive things -- let alone being anything like Joan Rivers -- we're forced to conclude that O'Reilly has no idea who Hathaway is.

ONEILLCITY

OOOH

January 21 2011 at 8:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bonnie & Jim

I think Billy's confusing Anne with Ms. Hathaway from the Beverly Hillbillies.

January 21 2011 at 8:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
merschyvincht

Bill Oreilly doesn't know what or who he's talking about. Comparing Ann Hathaway to Joan Rivers is like comparing apples with oranges. I like them both; Joan is hilarious so actually I wish she was hosting instead of Ann. Ann is a class act. Being offensive is not in her demeanor. Oreilly - get your --it straight! DUH!

January 21 2011 at 7:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gina

Maybe for some reason he has here confused with Kathy Griffith?

January 21 2011 at 6:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bigmatchbox2

Bill Oreilly you are offensive

January 21 2011 at 6:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ksmithski

Who cares what he thinks about Ann Hathaway hosting the Oscars ? He is not in the movie business. He is in the GOP/Faux News machine biz. Bill O'Reilly is offensive in general. Please recall his past sexual harassment lawsuit ?
His general mean spirited demeanor ? Oh, won't you go away Bill O'Rreilly ? PLEASE !!!

January 21 2011 at 2:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BC

He may have her confused with Jane Hathaway, the 'Beverly Hillbillies' character that was played by left-wing lesbian Nancy Kulp.

January 20 2011 at 5:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Katie S

I watch O'Reilly on a semi-regular basis, and I can tell you that you're just missing his humorous tone. Listen to the subtle lilt in his voice and the wink in his eye, and not that he never really looks Dennis Miller in the eye when he says it. O'Reilly can be outrageous or out of tune a lot, but I don't think he genuinely believes the Princess from the Princess Diaries is a female Ricky Gervais

January 20 2011 at 4:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Katie S's comment
Craig Ranapia

Well, remember Hathaway was in Brokeback Mountain -- a tool in Hollywood's "liberal agenda" to promote the homosexual lifestyle and those people will do anything to destroy fine American institutions like marriage, the military... and the Oscar telecast.

January 20 2011 at 9:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply