July 30, 2014

'House' Scoop: Olivia Wilde In, Amber Tamblyn Out

by Catherine Lawson, posted Jan 20th 2011 8:10AM
Hugh Laurie and Amber Tamblyn in 'House'It's all change at Princeton-Plainsboro this season as 'House' gets ready to welcome back a familiar face and say farewell to a newer one.

According to TVLine.com, Olivia Wilde's return to 'House' later this season will coincide with the departure of Amber Tamblyn's character, Martha Masters. Tamblyn was brought in temporarily to fill the hole left by Wilde's character Thirteen when Wilde took time off to make movies.

Its rumored that the two characters will briefly cross paths this spring, and 'House' creator David Shore said he's sad to see Tamblyn go. "I wish she was sticking around, because she's wonderful ... But she's not going to be with us for [much longer]."

Shore also said that rumors of Thirteen's demise may have been premature. Discussing whether Wilde will be back in the fall for another season he said, "It would be a crying shame for us to let her get away at this point. We've been very good to her and we'd like a little bit of it back."

The 'House' rumor mill's been in overtime recently with speculation that Thirteen will be killed off this season, but Shore says the show's writers have plans for the character beyond the summer. Wilde was given time off to shoot the movies 'TRON: Legacy' and 'Cowboys & Aliens,' and Shore joked that her hiatus from the show "was kind of [our] plan: let her go away, become a giant movie star, and then she would come back and bring [all her new fans] with her."

Shore was tightlipped, however, about the details of Thirteen's return, saying only that "We have something very cool in mind. We're writing an episode built largely around her return. I know [fans] are speculating about what happened to her during her absence, and I don't want to rule anything out."

And what about Tamblyn's exit? Again, the writers are still working on it, but Shore promised that "We're going to give her a good sendoff. I'm not at liberty to discuss any details ... but she's getting a good sendoff."

Michael

Amber has come along way since her soap days she can pull off any role...her departure from house is not a lose but a notch in her acting belt..and it will help propell her further into the anals of Who's who in Hollywood...good luck Amber,...God Bless....... A Loyal Fan

January 21 2011 at 8:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sanbaggersr5689

I love the new girl Amber more than Olivia

January 21 2011 at 5:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Penny

I watch House every week. I think it is a really good show, different. My husband even got into watching it & loves it. I am glad to hear that Olivia Wilde is coming back but I am sorry to see Amber Tamblyn go. She is very talented & I really liked her on the show. Too bad they can't keep her also on the show.

January 21 2011 at 4:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
djroxy05

Thank goodness. I cant wait for Thirteen to come back. Just isnt the same without her.

January 21 2011 at 4:14 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
paulflast

Tamblyn has been a great asset to a program that is otherwise boring, and she doesn't mind standing her ground

with the inconsiderate, berating House. Until her arrival, if you had seen one show you had seen them all.

January 21 2011 at 3:16 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to paulflast's comment
jennybabb2308

BORING?! You have no idea what you are talking about. House is a great show.

January 21 2011 at 3:54 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to jennybabb2308's comment
sanbaggersr5689

House is a great show but Amber made it better

January 21 2011 at 5:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
Vickie

That's too bad. I like the new girl better. I just can't seem to like Olivia Wilde. I try to, but I can't. 13 just seems so cold and self centered. I was really glad when she left. It's a shame that they are losing Amber. She added the caring element to the cast, which was needed. The writers are just making all of the team too synical. House is suppose to be that way, but now it seems they all are that way. Kinda makes you not like doctors!:)

January 21 2011 at 3:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Vickie's comment
hey rose&mike

I agree the new girl is good funny. and by the way isn't 13 suppose to be dying of some disease; seems ashmae to bring her back and then have her dye , leave the new girl there so when she does dye she'll be on the show to take her(13's) place.

January 21 2011 at 7:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
agentzhain

I Used to love house but the show is getting pretty crazy now I just recently finished an article about House on my blog. I know you'll be surprised.

ARandomGuysOpinion.BlogSpot.com

January 21 2011 at 2:59 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Annette

The fact that USA allows the use of the words 'goddamn' is to me really bad! I just watched the new show 'Fairly Legal' and will not be watching it again because of the use of these words! Every station should stop ALL FOUL LANGUAGE! Who really needs to watch bad stuff on TV? There are really neat shows on all stations!
The other annoying thing is that the background sounds are way too loud on most shows on most stations!!!

January 21 2011 at 2:17 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
3 replies to Annette's comment
Dave

Amber Tamblyn's script could have been filled out a bit. She did not have much time to make te part her own. I did like the oposite of House approach.
She will do well. Best of luck and many good oportunities ahead.

January 21 2011 at 2:05 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Ella

I LOVE USA............I watch White Collar, Covert Affairs, Royal Pains, Burn Notice, and even tune in to the NCIS reruns and to watch House and Law & Order. I don't get home from work til very late at night and there's always something good to watch on USA.

January 21 2011 at 2:04 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply