April 25, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Martin Short Locks Lips With Kelly Ripa on 'Regis and Kelly' (VIDEO)

by Donald Deane, posted Jan 20th 2011 12:45PM
Martin Short didn't even try to hide his affection for Kelly Ripa on 'Live With Regis and Kelly' (weekdays, syndicated), locking lips with the co-host twice and paying scant attention to Regis Philbin while he did so.

After his introduction, Short walks right past Philbin and kisses Ripa instead. Eventually, he notices Philbin standing behind him and jumps in mock surprise. "I thought you left ages ago!" he said. "I keep forgetting you're here too."

During the course of the interview, Short even manages to trade seats with Philbin and kisses Ripa once again at the end of the segment, nearly knocking her off her chair.

Karen

hello

January 22 2011 at 2:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gardenpass

I remember the Clay Aiken thing. That was just a PC way to say " Ew, do you know where that mouth has been?"

January 22 2011 at 12:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gardenpass

I hear there is going to be a remake of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, I think Martin Short would be perfect for that role!

January 22 2011 at 12:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chasrusso

Martin Short is a personable, hilarious guy and could possibly make a good replacement for Regis. He would just have to tone it down a few notches, he can be a wee bit too animated. The interviews should be done straight.

January 22 2011 at 12:21 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Megan

Remember when he made a huge hubub over Clay Aiken touching her because of the risk of germs? Yeh...I've lost a lot of respect for her from this video.

January 22 2011 at 12:07 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Megan's comment
jjkk220

I thought the same thing, Megan! Who knows where Martin's mouth has been? (Which is what she used as an excuse to go ballistic on Clay Aiken.)

January 22 2011 at 1:22 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to jjkk220's comment
peteycat915

Martin Short was married for many, many years, had 2 or 3 children, and his wife Nancy died of cancer last year. His mouth, presumably, has a far less interesting history than many others in show biz.

January 22 2011 at 1:43 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down
Elroy Martinez

well the question here is does he have the rights to them and if so than he can ;)
and ladys think before you let a guy take or send a guy these type of pic's or video's

January 22 2011 at 11:55 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
luvdecat7

He is soooo hilarious. When he has a show, he should be serious most of the time, show his heart to help people, not try to be funny all the time. Love him.

January 22 2011 at 11:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alluw

Mark beat me to it. It was on my bucket list to kiss Kelly for 20 seconds and if I did't las that long, I reseved the balance of my time. Gosh, I'm 88 and going strong.

January 22 2011 at 11:27 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
asronce

are you kidding!! Its a done deal,September 1 2011 martin short & kelly ripa are perfecto.

January 22 2011 at 11:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Thee IRISHMAN

Who to blame him Kelly is a hot looking girl Mark is one lucky guy. its could be his way in he want to replace Regis went he leave the show.

January 22 2011 at 10:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply