August 1, 2014

'Medium' Series Finale Airs Tonight, Will You Miss It?

by Jean Bentley, posted Jan 21st 2011 6:45PM
'Medium,' Allison DuBois, Patricia ArquetteTonight, Allison DuBois will help solve her last case in the series finale of 'Medium' at 8PM on CBS. That doesn't preclude any more real-life cuckoo Allison DuBois appearances on 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills,' but there definitely won't be any more of Patricia Arquette's crime-solving psychic on Friday nights.

In November, after news of the show's cancellation broke, series creator Glenn Gordon Caron wrote of the final episode, "In what we believe will be a series defining episode, Allison and her family will stare destiny in the eye. And destiny will not blink."

Caron told Entertainment Weekly that the final episode will span many years of the characters' lives. "It takes place in the present, it takes place seven years after that, and then it takes place 40 years after that."

Arquette told EW in November, "It's been a great time. I love that time in my life."

We'll certainly miss our weekly 'Medium' fix. After the jump, watch the preview for tonight's finale and share your favorite 'Medium' moments. Will you miss the show?

AlvaDena39

I loved that show Medium. However everything changed when that Hostage incident at Joe's job changed the whole show after that. People I know didnt particularly care for the way it changed the show and Joe's character. Did the show get different writers or something? I believe after speaking to other fans, they too did not like the way it changed the show. I still watched watched it, but it wasnt the same. They should have left that change alone.

May 17 2012 at 3:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
marcstevens2

Medium was and will forever be the best show on TV.
The whole family misses it.
Such a shame it was cancelled.
And cancelled so hastily.

: (

June 03 2011 at 5:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pennyh5406

What other husband could be awakened by a wfie's bad dreams every night and still be in a good mood?

February 08 2011 at 9:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
juliellymarc

I loved this show - also didn't know until it ended that this was the series finale. Bittersweet final episode and I can't stop thinking about it. I hate that Joe died and in such an awful, scary way, but it sure left us all thinking. True - we did get a little hint of that when Joe's mom died and came to talk to Allison and say that big changes were coming. Allison died alone physically, but with all the love of kids, grandkids and great grandkids. That's what we all hope for and it showed she had a full life. The end showed Joe looking radiant with that smile and it was beautiful how they reunited - in a loving, but playful way to - just like their characters always interacted. I am going to miss this show a lot.

January 31 2011 at 9:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Elizabeth S

fOR ALMOST TO SEASSON I WAS WAITING FOR mEDIUM TO BE CANCEL . i KNEW ABOUT THE SHOW BE CANCELLD . IT IS SAD TO KNOW THAT EVERY TIME THAT A SHOW GOT SYNDICATED THE RUMORS OF CANCELLATION START ALMOST IMMEDIATELY. I DID NOT LIKE THE FACT THAT MY BELOVED JOE DIE , EVENTHOUGH WE HAVE A LITTLE CLUE WHEN jOES MOM DIE. SHE TOLD ALLISON ABOUT BIG CHANGES IN THIER FAMILY. I THOUGHT THAT WAS ODD.I CRIED A LOT CAUSE THEY HAD A SUCH BEUTIFUL RELATIONSHIP . JOE WILL NEVER TRY TO TAKE OVER THE FUTURE OF HIS FAMILY ON HIS NEW GHOST STATUS. HE MENTIONED IN ONE OF THE EPISODE (ARIEL DECISION TO GO TO OUT THE STATE COLLEGUE. IAM GOING TO MISS THIS SHOW SO MUCH!!]

January 26 2011 at 4:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
booklover1974

I was saddened by the series finale. Sometimes less is more. I wish they would have gone a different route. I would have rather seen the series end - the way that it has run, with a well written episode that explored both her job and her family. Joe was an essential part of this show and of Allison's life - having him die in a plane crash of all things seems a bit like jumping the shark. Having said all of this - I will miss the show and hope to see Patricia in something wonderful soon!!!!!!!!

January 25 2011 at 2:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Janet

I enjoyed this show and never missed an episode. I am sad that it ended and especially did not like that Joe died. Why could they leave it that she went on with a long, happy marriage. It left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Why not end happy?

January 24 2011 at 7:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Godagesil

Medium afforded me a weekly emotional release, lol. I cannot count the number of episodes that got me choked up or teary eyed. No, I am not some metrosexual guy, the work Neadertal has been more often used in a sentence where my name has also been mentioned. I liked Medium for the character development. You empathized with them, and cared about them. They weren't cardboard cutouts like so many TV characters are. I think that is something the networks don't get. Ensemble casts can develop a raport and we the viewers can sense it and keep tuning in. My wife and I have not missed an episode in 7 years (thank god for DVR), but it was I not her that got us to first tune in. I particularly liked the episodes featuring Capt. Push. I'm a lot like him. LOL

January 24 2011 at 7:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pat

This was a great series finale. I cried like I never had before with a series ending. I will miss Joe and Allison's pillow talks. To see them together at last and seeing the love they have always had for each other was so heartwarming. To see that the girls were all happy with families of their own, even though we were cheated out of time with Bridgette, was great. This show will be missed in this household for sure.

January 24 2011 at 2:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cindy

I will definitely miss Medium! It was one of favorite shows and as another poster commented, it was about a real family with all of the trials of life and how they got through them. I've had enough of the crappy reality shows and would much prefer to watch this than that garbage. It was a very sad ending even though they got to be together in the end.

January 24 2011 at 12:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply