October 31, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Oprah Surprises Boys' School With Visit From Jay-Z and $1M in Laptops (VIDEO)

by Donald Deane, posted Jan 21st 2011 2:30PM
While broadcasting from Australia, Oprah Winfrey surprises the students at an underprivileged boys' school with a special guest appearance by a hip-hop superstar, then gives away $1 million worth of laptops on 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' (weekdays, syndicated).

First, Winfrey surprises the children at Canterbury Boys' High School with a visit by Jay-Z. Of course, the boys are excited to meet the rapper, but their teacher, Polly Dunning, nearly breaks down in hysterics.

Then, Winfrey gives each student at the school their very own laptop. And each teacher receives a computer as well.

"Now, no excuses not to do your homework!" said Winfrey.

Phill Baby

You go Oprah. Don't pay attention to the naysayers and the jealous. This is a wonderful thing and I'm glad you did it.

January 24 2011 at 12:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hubert and Susan

Good. Now they don't have a reason to steal each other's laptops, or the school laptops. Now who will fix these when they break in two years, or purchase the anti virus software and i Tunes downloads and internet connection?

January 24 2011 at 11:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wacotxman1

without a laptop i ment to say

January 24 2011 at 10:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wacotxman1

so this is what everyone was waiting for there are other things that would be of more help than laptops and a jayzee visit I personally went to school and did my home work with a lap top. ANOTHER OPRAH DEAL TO BOOST HER RATINGS YAAA OPRAH USE YOUR MILLIONS TO MAKE MORE MILLIONS

January 24 2011 at 10:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sis Cookie

I am so happy to see Oprah doing good things for people. I wish I could too but unfortunately, I don't have the funds. Go Oprah!!!!

January 21 2011 at 5:19 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply