December 19, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Allison and Joe Reunite in the Afterlife on 'Medium' Series Finale (VIDEO)

by Donald Deane, posted Jan 24th 2011 2:30PM
As a taped message from a great-grandchild plays, Allison quietly passes away in a nursing home on the series finale of 'Medium' (Fri., 8PM ET on CBS). Joe, who died 41 years earlier in a plane crash, is patiently waiting as she enters the afterlife.

Earlier in the episode, Allison attempted to convince herself during an extended dream sequence that Joe wasn't dead. But, alas, her husband in fact died while returning from a business trip to Hawaii.

But now, as Allison succumbs to old age, the two are reunited "from now until the end of time."

nhlgirl

Medium was consistently one of the highest quality programs on television the past 7 seasons. The love, companionship, and everyday activities of life in the "DuBois family" were portrayed so realistically, and so effortlessly, despite having such unusual circumstances surround them..which is surely a tribute to the phenomenal actors & writers. Each episode had a unique, interesting storyline with a mystery to solve, and always evoked a full range of emotions or reactions from its viewers, seamlessly shifting from moments of suspense, to laughter, to sadness, etc. I will miss it very much. It's a shame when a show is still SO good, and still gets cancelled.

January 25 2011 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Barbara and Jim

Does this mean Medium is over because it was a favorite show of mine. Why do they always take the best shows off the air? Barbara Heidig

January 25 2011 at 11:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fireworksqueen

I, too, have watched Medium since it began and have throughly enjoyed it. I will miss it very much. Very well written show and the actors were wonderful.
I loved the the last show for many reasons. Of course I wish Joe had not died but it did make for a very emotional ending. I actually sobbed when Joe and Allison finally got together and kissed - really kissed. To me it was heartbreaking and happy at the same time. Hard to explain unless you watched all or most of the shows and knew the dynamics of their relationship. If you never watched it, hope for reruns and don't miss a show. It was a very special show. Thanks for reading.

January 25 2011 at 1:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Why Whisper

This show has been one of my favourites for years. I found it to be a brilliant blend of a realistic family and marriage dynamic against the backdrop of a supernatural crime procedural. The relationship between Allison and Joe is the best depiction of an honest adult relationship I have ever seen on tv.
I have seen a lot of online fans bashing the finale but I loved it. As always they displayed family life with all joy and pain that it truly has. The shot of Joe lean against the wall waiting for her broke my heart and made me smile at the same time. It thought it was classy that the actress that played Ariel came back for the finale and the final touch of each of them breaking the fourth wall and waving goodbye to the fans was very touching to me.
All in all, one of the best series finales for me in a very long time.
I will miss the Dubios family.

January 25 2011 at 1:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sue

I've watched Medium from the beginning! I thought the end was the best I've seen on tv:-) It left me supprised and happy.Unlike "Vegas" that was just cancelled and no explaination at all!

January 24 2011 at 4:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply