July 30, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Bill O'Reilly Addresses Keith Olbermann's Departure, But Doesn't Mention Him by Name (VIDEO)

by Jeremy Taylor, posted Jan 25th 2011 2:20PM
Not long after going to work for MSNBC a second time in 2003, Keith Olbermann began calling Bill O'Reilly out on the air, which led to an often-vicious eight-year feud between the two cable news hosts.

On 'The O'Reilly Factor' (weekdays, 8 PM ET on Fox News) Bill O'Reilly addressed Keith Olbermann's abrupt departure from MSNBC during a discussion with Bernie Goldberg.

"I need you to help me out in the beginning. I've been tied up all weekend watching football -- did somebody leave MSNBC?" Goldberg wondered.

"Yeah, they took one of their guys out, and then they're moving everybody else around. It doesn't really matter who the guy is or why they took him out," O'Reilly explained.

Not mentioning Olbermann by name has been a tactic O'Reilly has employed for the last few years. Wherever Olbermann lands, expect him to continue to give O'Reilly reasons to ignore him so aggressively.

mellowgroove

Fox News is a JOKE!!!! I say the word "news' loosely. How many times has Fox News been caught bending the truth or telling only part of the story. They along with Rush Limbaugh are the biggest hypocrites on the air! They spew their rhetoric knowing that their viewers won't fact check them. They give their viewers what they want to hear, the facts be damned! They sacrifice professionalism for ratings!

January 26 2011 at 7:42 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
mellowgroove

January 26 2011 at 7:41 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
pandomusic

"Keith Olbermann began calling Bill O'Reilly out on the air, which led to an often-vicious eight-year feud between the two cable news hosts."

I do not think Keith has tried to talk to Bill Oreilly, this is not true.

If I think MSNBC made a big herror with, and now they are paying with their audience decline.

January 26 2011 at 11:20 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
my stuff

Anthony, you need to hear it here in the USA. Opposite is true, Left-wing has everything, and it only presents 1/2 the truth. At least Fox gives the whole story, and it allows you to make a real decision. Get a MSNBC story, then check out Fox and you'll know what I mean....

January 26 2011 at 8:56 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to my stuff's comment
Kevin Anderson

fox news never tells the whole truth or the honest truth. they put their own little lying spin on things, besides the fact that there ignorant biggots. bill oreilly, shawn hannity, and that idiot glen beck are not even worthy of being called news anchors.

January 26 2011 at 9:31 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
coastercali

I watched that segment, and all I could think was that Olbermann is O'Reilly's Lord Voldemort: "He who must not be named!"

January 25 2011 at 8:19 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Anthony

I love his "media blatantly dishonest" line. We don't get MSNBC here in Australia, but we get Fox News, and it's so blatantly dishonest in favouring the right-wing that it's basically a comedy channel.

January 25 2011 at 7:27 PM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply