October 23, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Kimmel Uncovers a Horrible, Embarrassing Photo of Amy Poehler (VIDEO)

by Aimee Deeken, posted Jan 27th 2011 5:50AM
Amy Poehler's Old Photo on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'Jimmy Kimmel happily shared a hideous photo of Amy Poehler when she visited 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' (weeknights, 12AM ET on ABC). A younger version of the comedienne is wearing a headband and schoolgirl's pinafore. She appears to be leaning against an old metal headboard and posing with a bouquet of flowers.

Poehler cackled and explained the embarrassing image. "In my 20s ... to make money, we would either give blood or we would do this thing in Chicago ... When you buy a picture frame -- that's the weird stuff that comes in it," she said pointing to the photo. "I look like a sociopath who's gonna smother a man with a pillow." The host remarked, "You look like you're 11!"
"I was probably like 28," she joked. "It's so terrible -- I don't even think I wore makeup or anything."

cshyngstar

I think these photos show her wearing a candy striper uniform holding on to the side of a hospital bed. They used to wear these uniforms before girls and nurses were allowed to wear pants or scrubs. You can see by the flowers she is also holding. Just my thoughts. I think she looks cute.

January 27 2011 at 8:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nursy

Amy is a beautiful lady ! she was also pretty when she was younger...I happen to really enjoy her humor
Those pictures were not awful at all...
Maybe according to Kimmel, but not to anybody else!

January 27 2011 at 6:52 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Bill

Embarrased???? The only thing this "who is she" actress should be embarrased about are the awful comments she makes about pictures of her younger self. It appears she does not like who she is. I don't like her either.

January 27 2011 at 6:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
monterfamily

She 's is so pretty. Those old pictures weren't exactly hideous. Perhaps plain, but not ugly. What is this obsession of white America feeling obliged to self-depracate?

January 27 2011 at 6:14 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Michael

thats what she looked like when she used to do sketches on late night with conan Obrien

January 27 2011 at 5:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
eddybaby58

ummm...who is amy poehler?

January 27 2011 at 5:49 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
GAMORIAN

I thought she was pretty darn cute!

January 27 2011 at 5:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sue

How is this "horrible" and "embarrassing"? I expected something dreadful when I checked out this article and it is all about Amy in an old candy striper uniform? There is nothing embarrassing and horrible about this- candy stripers were a welcome sight for someone in the hospital. Maybe it is just me but I find using such adjectives rather insulting to anyone who wore the uniform.

January 27 2011 at 5:19 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
ugt430365

hello

January 27 2011 at 4:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
misstinam1

She is beautiful. Then and now, Bad and beautiful. What a combination. Rock what the good Lord gave you,Amy.

January 27 2011 at 3:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply