November 22, 2014

Lifetime Plans 'William & Kate' Movie

by Jean Bentley, posted Jan 27th 2011 1:30PM
Prince William, Kate Middleton, royal weddingLifetime's latest ripped-from-the-headlines movie will be a tad less salacious than its usual fare. The channel is tackling the upcoming royal wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton in a film scheduled to air the week before the couple's April 29 nuptials.

'William & Kate' will chronicle the pair's "courtship and romance," according to E! Online. New Zealander Nico Evers Swindell will play the prince, but his lady love has yet to be cast. Ben Cross will play Charles.

Lifetime's press release describes the movie as such: "'William & Kate' tells the story of how the friendship between Prince William, second in line to the throne of the British monarchy, and future princess Kate Middleton, the stunning daughter of upper middle-class commoners, blossomed into a romantic love affair, charming the world with their recent engagement and eagerly awaited Royal Wedding.

"The film chronicles the history of William and Kate -- from the moment the two students met at Scotland's prestigious University of St. Andrews, through the ups and downs of their nine-year courtship complicated by social and royal family pressures, and intense global media attention surrounding their storybook nuptials."

TLC is also planning coverage
in anticipation of the royal wedding, including a week's worth of royal-related specials leading up to the big event.

Tell us: Will you watch this Lifetime movie?

harry

Jessica Brown-Findlay would be the perfect Kate for this one.... Check her out.

January 28 2011 at 6:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Motor Mama

I hope this wedding is for the right reasons and not for the reasons his father married his mother. I would hate to see a repeat of that disaster. It never was fair to Diana. I wish the couple the best. I hope they stay as happy as they seem now.

January 28 2011 at 3:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
acmom34

I will definitely watch this movie. Best of luck Kate and William.

January 28 2011 at 3:29 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
susjenki

I will watch this movie. But I don't think it will be any exiting.

January 28 2011 at 3:12 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Katlin

Boy meets girl, they date, they get granny's permission to shack up, he keeps her dangling for years, they decide to get married. This is glamorous? Not to me. I wish them well, but Diana she's not. I do think and hope, though, with his father's appalling example, that William will treat Kate far, far better than his reprobate father ever treated his mother.

January 28 2011 at 2:25 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Madame Queen

There is only one actress who could play Middleton: Amanda Bynes. They look exactly alike.

January 28 2011 at 2:10 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
prissy

They should look into casting Lauren conrad to play the part of Kate as she looks just like her.. :) In all seriousness though, I wish them the best of luck.

January 28 2011 at 2:03 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
stephen

well,it seems they're happy,and thats great.but i wonder if she will like being a royal,look how things went for diana,always at odds with them

January 27 2011 at 11:56 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Sheila

Who cares? They are Briitsh and really should have no bearing on our day to day life. A lot of wasted time and money on a wedding for non important people. I am not the least bit interested.

January 27 2011 at 11:23 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Pinki

It sure would be nice if we "American's" had something positive and traditional to look forward to as the Brits do with William and Kate! Have a question, can someone answer for me, why is it that "Kate" is spelled with a "K" but when she becomes Queen it will be "Catherine:" with a "C". Curious why not Queen Katherine with a K??

January 27 2011 at 11:16 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply