October 31, 2014

Mike Tyson Gives Details On His New Reality Show ... About Pigeons (VIDEO)

by Maggie Furlong, posted Jan 27th 2011 3:00PM
Mike Tyson is best known for his boxing career, that unfortunate ear incident, his bold decision to tattoo half his face and a hysterical cameo in 'The Hangover.' But did you know Tyson raises and races pigeons?
Mike Tyson, 'Taking on Tyson'
Yes, apparently the oft maligned "rat with wings" has a very noble past -- something involving Napoleon and the Queen, as Tyson tells it -- and in the near future the winged creatures and the boxing champ will share some screentime in 'Taking on Tyson' (premieres Sun., March 6, 10PM ET on Animal Planet).

I caught up with Tyson to hear about his new show, his feathered friends and why he's not the only character on the show that's eccentric and entertaining. Then he gave me the best boxing tip a girl could ever ask for.

Follow Maggie on Twitter @TheTVShowGirl

judith leigh

doesn't tyson know that pigeons will kill him? they will give him crypto of the lungs, which is a fungus of the lungs. I know, I was in the hosp. for a year & first had lung surgery, long story, but true. I also risk my life to hold on to my unborn child through all of this. a good script for a movie. stayed in n.i.h. for 5 mo, and do not knock ali. he is the best. my husband spared with him when he was cassus clay. he is the greatest. any one around pigeons please get a chest x ray, please.

January 28 2011 at 6:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
myshadeisyours

Mike, keep on keeping on. No fists this time, use the peace sign. your still the man.

January 28 2011 at 9:29 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
stephen

Another pigeon $hit reality show, this Really Bites.

January 27 2011 at 11:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
excalibur534

i am very glad that iron mike is still doing something with his life, godspeed my friend

January 27 2011 at 11:03 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
new moon nine

This is a joke...right???

January 27 2011 at 10:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RONALD5455

Hi, whats up?

January 27 2011 at 10:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
harolddundee

Why would anyone want to watch this sexual pervert do anything? Another sexual pervert may be.

January 27 2011 at 10:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bduffy1976

Its great to see Iron Mike getting it back together. I wish the best for him and his family. I am one of his remaining fans and I think in his prime he was the greatest boxer there ever was... sorry Ali fans

January 27 2011 at 9:46 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
Vickie

What a waste.........................

January 27 2011 at 9:43 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Little Wolf

As eccentric as Mike is, he has always had a love of these little winged ones. I have rescued nearly a dozen in the past few years and have to admit that I was caught up in the negative sterotyping of pigeons, and quite frankly admit I was wrong. They are very intelligent and make good companion pets. Having had a respect for all things in life, those that I understand and those I did not, it took having one brought to me that was hurt on razor wire to realize it was a living thing deserving of care and respect. I still have two who are with me and there is a real connection and affection between us. Many of those that are in this country are descendents of those the Spanish brought here and escaped and became feral. They are actually North African Rock Doves. People, for the most part, will ooh and aah over a dove but mention a Pigeon and they scowl. It is an undeserving and bad rap that they have as they have their place in life and they deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. Just a Native American elder's perspective on this subject and love or not Mike Tyson, I respect his passion for these little ones. It is an admirable trait and I only wish more of our kind were more "humane" towards those things that they don't understand...it would be conquering the one thing that is a huge fault of human kind. Nahani.

January 27 2011 at 9:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply