August 1, 2014

Charlie Sheen Enters Rehab, 'Two and a Half Men' on Hiatus

by Jean Bentley, posted Jan 28th 2011 6:30PM
Charlie Sheen, Two and a Half MenTroubled 'Two and a Half Men' star Charlie Sheen has entered rehab, causing his CBS sitcom to extend its production hiatus.

"He is most grateful to all who have expressed their concern," Sheen's spokesman told The Hollywood Reporter. "Mr. Sheen asks that his privacy be respected at this time and that no additional informational will be provided."

CBS released a statement saying the show's production will go on hiatus. "Due to Charlie Sheen's decision to enter a rehabilitation center, CBS, Warner Bros. Television and executive producer Chuck Lorre are placing 'Two and a Half Men' on production hiatus. We are profoundly concerned for his health and well-being, and support his decision."

Sheen was released from the hospital last night after being treated for severe abdominal pain, though the actor reportedly received a briefcase full of cocaine at his home during a wild party the night before he was rushed to the hospital.

Earlier this month CBS President Nina Tassler said she had a "high level of concern" for the actor, and yesterday THR reported that network executives have been trying to get Sheen to enter rehab for a while, even coming up with contingency plans in case they had to shoot without him.

Janet Roby

I have been a fan of Charlie for many years. This is my own thoughts and mabe he will read these comment to open his eyes.
Two of my husbands died young because of drug addiction. My daughter lost her father at the age of 16, then at 17 found out that her Mother (me) had stage 4 breast cancer. She has had a really rough time coping. My last husband had drug and sex addiction and died at 57. Accidental drug over dose. Both men were very talented, funny and my daughter and I miss them dearly. I believe Charlie lacks something, real love and compassion which comes from Jesus Christ. I would have been dead by now, if it wasn't for the grace of God. Now, I feel that God has a plan for me and when I feel depressed I thank God for loving me and forgiving me for my sins. I'm not perfect and Charlie can change his life if he turns his life over to God and let God guide him. Charlie, many people would be sad if something bad happened to you. Pray and turn your life over to Jesus Christ. Love you and I will be praying for you.

February 01 2011 at 6:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
paul

I say do what you got to do Charlie Sheen; if you think rehab will take and thats what you want, then go for it. If not, please invite me to your next party.

January 31 2011 at 6:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lar

I like charlie sheen but if he don't watch out he's going to end up with pancreatic cancer. Charlie your a good actor don't let alcohol take you from us.

January 31 2011 at 2:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
trouble51065

Yet CBS screwed over some fine actors who have either lost or are losing their jobs or have to take a pay cut just so they could pay this idiot $2,000,000 an episode. How's that working out for you CBS? Was he really worth it?

January 31 2011 at 9:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ann

GET WELL CHARLIE, GOOD LUCK WITH IT ALL YOU ARE A FANTASTIC ACTOR AND ME AND YOUR FANS WONT GIVE UP ON YOU.

January 31 2011 at 9:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ANGELOCOOL

HOW MANY HOOKERS DOES IT TAKE FOR YOU , TO GET OFF , ILL BET YOU DONT EVEN CUM , WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON , IS THAT PROBABLY THIS NASTY GUY CALLED SATEN HAS INVITED HIS OTHER DEMON PALS IN YOUR , SOUL AND SICK DEMENTED MIND , SO CHARLIE YOUR REALLY SEARCHING FOR HELP , U BETTER GET TO CHURCH AND GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES AND ASK JESUS CHRIST INTO YOUR HEART, BECAUSE THESE DEMONS ARE GOING TO TURN YOU INTO WORSE THAN THE HOOKERS WHO BLEED YOUR BANK ACCOUNT , ALL THE COKE AND BITCHES , AIN DOING JACK **** FOR YOU BUT DESTROYING YOU , AND BROTHER THAT FLESH IS NEVER EVER SATISFIED ..... AMEN

January 31 2011 at 8:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nobleheart61

Sheen doesn't just have a drug problem but also mental as well, he abuses drugs, women and who knows what else with little or no care what he is doing tom others or himself. it is time for him to man up and get serious about recieiving the help he really needs and if this means prision of being comitted then so be it.

January 30 2011 at 10:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wonya

Show me one actor who is perfect ! I love Charlie, true he has some issues to deal with and I say...leave him alone to do that! I never miss his show. Even the re-run are funny. After all , he does have a life after two and a half men, He's just having a difficult time. LEAVE HIM ALONE !!! Just get well Charlie, Please !

January 30 2011 at 7:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mjah1660

as bad as hes hooked there is no hope for him ,i dont think hes man enough to kick this thing. i just hope he hasent got jake hooked on that crap

January 30 2011 at 10:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nancy

get well ..... and return to your fans soon ...we all wish you the best in re-hab

January 29 2011 at 2:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply