October 31, 2014

A.J. Cook Returning to 'Criminal Minds,' Chris Messina Joins 'Damages' and More

by Chris Harnick, posted Feb 1st 2011 11:45AM
A.J. CookA.J. Cook is heading back to 'Criminal Minds.'

After being let go from the series, Cook will return to the CBS drama for one episode this spring.

According to TVLine, Cook will return to set this week.

Fans mounted online campaigns in support of Cook and her character, J.J., but the only result was a two-episode swan song earlier this season.

UPDATE: Cook took to Twitter to confirm the news. She's returning for Paget Brewster's final episode of the CBS series.

In other casting news ...

'Little Fockers' star Teri Polo has landed a TV role in ABC's 'Man Up!', a comedy about what it's like to live as a modern man. She'll play a "super-mom who is addicted to Facebook." She also scored the lead in the Hallmark movie 'A Taste of Romance.' [Deadline Hollywood]

Chris Messina has joined the cast of DirecTV's 'Damages.' The 'Julie & Julia' actor will play a former soldier friend of Ellen Parsons who is recruited to work for a shadowy private security firm in Afghanistan. [Entertainment Weekly]

Jane Lynch and Kiefer Sutherland will lend their voices to episodes in season 23 of 'The Simpsons.' Lynch will play Homer's new assistant -- who then takes his job. Sutherland will play a very Jack Bauer–esque character who heads to Springfield to escape his enemies. [TV Guide]

Darrell Hammond is in talks to star in TBS's 'Hound Dogs.' The 'Saturday Night Live' veteran would play a minor league baseball team's mascot who wears a dog costume and is a shameless flirt. [Deadline Hollywood]

Charlie Cox has joined the cast of 'Boardwalk Empire.' Not much is known about Cox's character except that he's described as a "charming and dangerous immigrant from Northern Ireland." [Deadline Hollywood]

Lisa Bowen

Why? We as your loyal fans deserve an explanation as to why J.J.And Prentiss had to leave?
I can somewhat understand the changes if it was their decision to take their careers in a different direction, but if thats not it, you're ruining a good thing.

March 17 2011 at 1:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sadiejaye

WELL, YOU HAVE DONE IT. YOU HAVE RUINED THE SHOW. YOU NOT ONLY BROUGHT IN JOE MANTEGNA ONTO THE TEAM WHEN YOU REPLACED MANDY PATINKIN WAS A HORRID CHOICE. HIS SCRAGGLY BEARD IS HYSTERICAL AS IS HIS DIED HAIR MISFITTING PANTS, WHICH INEVITABLY HAPPENS WHEN MEN AGE.. GETTING RID OF LOLA CLAUDIN "ELLE" WAS A STROKE OF GENIUS WITH HER DEAD EYES AND TRIANGULAR HAIR AND FACE. UGG. PAGET BREWSTER BROUGHT A BREATH OF FRESH AIR, AN EXTREMELY FEMALE BUT WITH JUST THE AMOUNT OF AGENT SKILLS THAT BROUGHT BACK A COHESIVENESS TO THE TEAM. STILL, YOU LEFT MONTEGNA FLAUNDERING AROUND ASSERTING HIS EGO, SEVERAL SIZES TO BIG, WHILE YOUR FAITHFUL WATCHERS SAT HOME HAVING TO WATCH HIM WEEK AFTER WEEK. YOU KEPT THOMAS GIBSON, SHEMAR MOORE, MATTHEW GRAY "THE GUBE" GUBLER, AND KIRSTEN VANGSNESS ON THE TEAM WHICH I CONSIDER SUCH A BLESSING TO US IN YOUR VIEWING AUDIENCE.

THE WAY "GIDEON" BROUGHT "REID" ALONG INSTILLING CONFIDENCE AND GUIDING HIM AS A TRUE MENTOR WOULD DO IN REAL LIFE. "REID" IN THE MOST RECENT EPISODE I WATCHED IS GROWING INTO A REAL SECURE MAN. HIS HAIR IS NO LONGER A HINDERENCE TO HIS LOOKS AND HE IS EASING INTO ADULTHOOD QUITE WELL. WHEN "ROSSI" FIRST CAME ON THE TEAM, HE TREATED "REID" WITH DISDAIN AND MORE OR LESS LIKE A RABID DOG. "ROSSI" WAS AND STILL IS TREATENED MORE AND MORE BY "REID" AND HE SHOULD BE.

NOW A. J. COOK AND PAGET BREWSTER GONE? YOU WHO MAKE THE DECISIONS ARE OUT OF YOUR MINDS. ARE YOU PURPOSELY TRYING TO RUIN THIS SHOW FOR YOUR AVID FANS? kRISTEN VANGSNESS IS SO SUPER SO I GUESS SHE BEST WATCH HER NECK OR BACK. SHE IS NOW ON THE SPIN-OFF ON CRIMINAL MINDS WHICH I LOVE AND I GUESS I BEST WATCH WHILE I CAN BEFORE YOU STARTING STRIPPING ANOTHER VERY GOOD SHOW TO THE WAYSIDE.

FOR PETE'S SAKE, BRING BACK "JJ" AND "PRENTISS" AND GET RID OF "ROSSI"...OR LEAVE HIM AS LONG AS YOU BRING THE FIRST TWO BACK AND I SHALL SUFFER HIM EACH WEEK. ALSO, THE FACT THAT ROSSI BROUGHT ANOTHER FEMALE AGENT FROM THE ACADEMY, A BLOND TOO, IS JUST TOO PAT TO BELIEVE. DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU HAVE A LITTLE GROUP OF IDIOTS WATCHING YOUR SHOW? YOU TRIED THROWING US A BONE BUT SHE WILL NOT DO! TAKE A REAL GOOD LOOK AT YOUR PROGRAM AND STUDY IT WELL. YOU WILL SEE THAT YOU HAD THE PERFECT MAKING OF A PERFECT TEAM AND YOU HAVE TAKEN IT APART ONE BY ONE.

GUYS, I AM A 67 YEAR OLD GREAT-GRANDMOTHER OF A 5 YEAR OLD LITTLE MAN AND HIS 3 YEAR OLD SISTER. I AM NOT FLY BY NIGHT COMPUTER GENIOUS WHO IS TRYING TO GIVE YOU GRIEF JUST FOR A LITTLE SPOTLIGHT ON MY KNOWLEDGE OF A LONG LIFETIME. YOU HAVE HEARD "IF IT IS NOT BROKE DON'T FIX IT?" WELL, TAKE MY ADVICE AND REALLY CONSIDER THE AGE OF SOME OF YOUR VIEWERS AND JUST BOTHER TO TRY TO REACH THEM WITH A DRAMA OF THIS MAGNITUDE AND ONE I ENJOYED SO MUCH AND PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS...PLEASE. WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU TO DO THE RIGHT THING.

SARA

SARA

March 03 2011 at 7:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pelham60

As much as I love the rest of the team, letting JJ and Prentiss go is such a MISTAKE - this could be the end...and also if any of the others left I would feel the same way...

March 02 2011 at 4:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bisaul

When CBS tries to fix things, they mess it up.
This is the last season I will be watching Criminal Minds.
It had a nice balance before, using some hard tactics and
to equal that they had JJ and Prentiss, not so anymore.

February 05 2011 at 9:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
God Bless

THE SHOW WAS NOT BROKE BUTT THE POWERS THAT BE HAD TO """" FIX "'"" IT WANT BE WATCHING ANYMORE

February 01 2011 at 5:40 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
izikavazo

I'm suddenly back on board with Boardwalk Empire. I was pretty bored through the first season, but Charilie Cox? That's enough to bring me back.

February 01 2011 at 5:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gina

What is wrong with CBS?! First they let AJ go and now Prentiss. Idiots. I love Criminal Minds but after this season I don't think I will be able to watch it any more.

February 01 2011 at 2:33 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply