October 25, 2014

First Look: 'Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior' (VIDEO)

by Chris Harnick, posted Feb 2nd 2011 1:30PM
Criminal Minds: Suspect BehaviorCBS has released the first look at its next surefire hit, 'Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior.' As expected it's pretty creepy, with lots of inspirational dialogue and tons of action.

Forest Whitaker and Janeane Garofalo headline a pretty and grizzled cast of FBI agents who profile the worst kind of criminals.

The first episode follows the team as they try to crack a child abduction case. Check out the trailer below. It's chock full of what you've come to love about 'Criminal Minds' plus smart aleck Janeane Garofalo.

Tell us: Will you watch 'Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior'?

VB Hokie

I immediately added this show to my "record" list but just removed after this latest episode. I really wanted to like it (and I love Criminal Minds) but the writing is horrible and the political correctness was off putting. As previously noted, I didn't like JG but figured she was only part of the ensemble and I could overlook her off camera persona. Her character, however, has not had a well written or integral role so it has made little impact. Too bad they missed an opportunity to profit from a spinoff (a la the L&O series or the CSI spinoffs). I, for one will not watch it again

March 24 2011 at 7:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ellen

Garofolo is a disgrace and should be let go now.

February 17 2011 at 7:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
madcharles5

What a dud. surfed away real fast. Whitaker looks like the criminal they're looking for, Garofolo repulses the family. who'd she blow for the job. Bad, Bad casting. The casting dir should be canned and shelved forever.

February 17 2011 at 10:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Elaine Watson Morris

Too bad Janeane Garofolo is in the cast of the new Criminal Minds show. I love to watch Forest Whitaker perform, however; Jeaneane's biggoted and ignorant remarks about the Tea Party Movement has turned my stomach against supporting anything she appears in.

February 11 2011 at 8:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
janeerasmussen

I won't watch it. I refuse to support Janeane Garofalo. I love Criminal Minds its just too bad they casted JG in the new show.

February 06 2011 at 1:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Helen

I have liked criminal Minds since it first came on but the show last week almost changed my mind.
It was a bad take off of Bonnie and Clyde with way to much sexual content. It was so crude and vulgar as well as to violent. Was it necessary to have them shoot dozens of people and empty the guns just to be shooting.
The agents were hardly on at all. They seemed to be an after thought to the sex and violence. If the new shows are anything like that I will not continue to watch. I hope the new show actually has content worth watching

February 02 2011 at 9:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
learenee1

I once counted how many times they say "unsub" in a Criminal Minds episode. I stopped after 13. Seriously, why do they use that word so much? It looks like this spinoff will be doing the same thing. Ugh!

February 02 2011 at 4:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bobj

I won't watch it. I refuse to support Janeane Garofalo. She insulted many with her generalization of Tea Party goers with her tired insults saying they are a "racist" as well as a "functionally retarded adult" as well as a "tea bagger". Those are horrible things to say about fellow Americans that disagree with her point of view. As much as I love Forest Whitaker I will have to take a pass.

February 02 2011 at 2:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donna

I'll definitely give it a look. I've always liked Forest Whitaker in pretty much everything he's ever done, so I'm looking forward to it. He came off as an unfathomable character with a touch of eccentricity in the tryout episode within the original series, so it'll be interesting to watch that character develop and I'm looking forward to it.

February 02 2011 at 2:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JENNIFER

I can't wait for this show to start. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting....
BEST SHOW ON TV...Criminal Minds and now this one.
Thanks CBS!