September 1, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Joan Rivers Surprises Melissa Naked in the Shower With a Camera on 'Joan Knows Best?' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Feb 2nd 2011 2:12AM

'Joan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best?'Boundaries. In politics they can lead to war. On 'Joan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best?' (Tue., 9PM ET on WE), we find that in family they mean much the same thing. And apparently Joan Rivers doesn't understand the concept at all.

After her daughter Melissa Rivers took the stance of "I'll think about it" to an offer from 'Girls Gone Wild' founder Joe Francis regarding a nude photo shoot, Joan decided to take matters into her own hands.

You could argue that she was perhaps well-intentioned, but there is no way anyone could think her tactics could work. Joan decided to take some surprise photos of Melissa in the nude to show her that it was no big deal.

"She's got a great body," Joan argued. She said Melissa needed to take advantage of the opportunity while she was still young and fit.

But sneaking into the bathroom with her cell phone camera while Melissa was shaving her legs wasn't perhaps the best approach. Talk about a vulnerable moment. The whole idea of a nude shoot is to feel sexy and empowered. Certainly being hunched over your legs with a razor doesn't create either of those feelings.

Gregory Dennis

My wife and I love this show.... Joan is CRAZY and I love it...

February 28 2011 at 10:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PurplePenquin

Q: What kind of girl covers up her boobs while letting her crotch remain exposed?
A: The kind of girl that is wearing a g-string under all those pixels.

I call "fake"

February 02 2011 at 1:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
markdorislauren

YES, IT WAS WRONG FOR ANY MOM TO DO THAT TO HER KID BUT JOAN SAOD SHE WAS SORRY AND MELISSA HAS THICK SKIN TO FORGIVE HER!!! BOTH ARE GREAT PEOPLE AND JOAN;S GRANDSON COOPER IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GORGEOUS HE SHOULD BE IN MOVIES !!!! I LOVE THIS SHOW . SO GLAD ITS ON AND WILL KEEP WATCHING. THE FURITURE WAS A NO NO TOO !!!!!! LOVE DORIS

February 02 2011 at 1:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
karndave

Eww..gross. I'd BAN my mother from my house, and maybe never speak to her again!! Joan should be ashamed of herself! A mother taking unwanted naked pics of her kid..violating and disgusting!

February 02 2011 at 1:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply