August 22, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

A Nervous Rachael Ray Wears Skimpy DWTS Outfit (VIDEO)

by Donald Deane, posted Feb 3rd 2011 5:00PM
Rachel RayOn today's episode of 'The Rachael Ray Show' (weekdays, syndicated), Rachael Ray did something she swore she'd never do: Slip into a skimpy 'Dancing With the Stars' outfit and put her body on display.

Ray has been critical of the revealing costumes from 'DWTS' in the past and vowed never to be caught dead in one. Later, she issued an apology to the show's costume designer, Randall Christensen, for her remarks.

But today brought the ultimate act of contrition as a visibly nervous Ray appeared in a short, red dress embellished with Swarovski crystals. The dress was Christensen's idea, and Ray agreed to wear it after making a New Year's resolution to do more things that frighten her.

Ray appeared shaky as she opened a white robe with shaky hands to reveal the outfit. "I'm so naked! All right, are we friends again?" Ray asked Christensen, who joined her onstage. "I am, like, literally a basket case."

But Ray e-mailed TV Squad this afternoon to say she won't be changing up her style for good. "Don't think I would ever wear [that] again," she wrote. "I just don't like calling attention to my looks in general. I am much more comfortable in the kitchen ... but I am glad I checked that off my life list."

Meanwhile, Ray's former opinions on the skimpiness of 'Dancing With the Stars' costumes aren't shared by the performers who actually wear them. DWTS pro Chelsie Hightower told TV Squad she doesn't get concerned about a wardrobe malfunction.

Dancing With the Stars Chelsie Hightower"Our wardrobe department is so skilled at what they do," she told us. "[We have] clear tape, clear straps, nude straps, three wardrobe fittings and really well-crafted dresses meant for dancing. Of course, there are slip-ups every once in a while, but they are so rare I hardly ever have to worry."

Then again, Hightower was very close to a wardrobe malfunction in season 10, while she and Jake Pavelka performed their 'Risky Business'-inspired dance. As she told TV Guide at the time, "It was just my [bra] cup!"

Other close calls:

• In season 9, Lil' Kim also almost exposed herself, but host Tom Bergeron saved the day by stepping in between her and the camera.

• In season 8, Melissa Rycroft finished a routine by jumping on the judges' table and was heard to say "My boob came out."

• In season 3, Monique Coleman's skirt nearly fell off.

• And, of course, the most famous wardrobe malfunction on the show came in season 1, when Kelly Monaco's dress strap broke off -- but she kept dancing. Monaco ended up winning the mirror-ball trophy.

mwat93513

I'd give her slow deep lana.......

February 28 2012 at 5:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ronnie

I'm pretty sure I recall Rachel Ray in FHM magazine some years back. She had no problem then being in revealing outfits, why now?

February 09 2011 at 1:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Ronnie's comment
R

Because she's Fat now. Duh.

February 10 2011 at 12:51 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
thereelbill

Beautiful, smart and she can cook too! What's not to like?

February 08 2011 at 12:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to thereelbill's comment
R

So you're implying that you're too lazy to cook, so you want this woman to cook for you? Men these days. So damn lazy to do anything. Ass.

February 10 2011 at 12:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shirbak9

Wonderful , U look so fine , i wish to see u in other lovely address

February 08 2011 at 6:58 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to shirbak9's comment
R

Address? What Address do you speak of? She was showing off a DRESS, not an address to her house. Learn to spell, dillweed.

February 10 2011 at 12:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BORIS PACHECO

She looks so good!,,,

February 05 2011 at 9:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
yayabeanes

Who were they kidding...This was merely a cocktail dress...This was in no way shape or form a "hoochie choocie" no back your ass crack showing with two bands of fabric covering only the boobs ensemble that he has others on the show wearing.

February 05 2011 at 8:01 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
JUICYONE1

Rachel, u looked great..... People stop being so critical of everyone. This is why so many people have self esteem issues. Not everyone can b supermodel thin. Besides I know plenty men who loveeeeeee RACHEL'S CURVES. Not everyone wants a flat butt skinny stick .

February 05 2011 at 5:08 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
concettaptows

ok she looks good buttttttt eat less

February 05 2011 at 12:37 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to concettaptows's comment
redcherrytart18

She has curves-if you don't like it, tough.

February 10 2011 at 4:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cchucklest1

she is a nice woman. she looked good.

February 05 2011 at 12:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
iaff3296bc

She looks like a traffic cone

February 04 2011 at 8:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply