September 1, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Matthew Perry Remembers Jon Stewart Asking Him to Set Up a Date With Jennifer Aniston (VIDEO)

by Jeremy Taylor, posted Feb 3rd 2011 4:40AM
On 'The Daily Show' (Weeknights, 11PM ET on Comedy Central) Matthew Perry and Jon Stewart reminisced about how they met, 15 years earlier, when Perry was a guest on a talk show Stewart was doing for Paramount.

"I remember way back when, you asked me if I could potentially set you up with Jennifer Aniston," Perry brought up.

"Yes," Stewart said, laughing.

"Which I thought it was funny because I couldn't even get a date with Jennifer Aniston."

"Here's the sad thing, every guest we had on I asked that question to," Stewart kidded. "If we had a guy on with condors, I was like 'do you know Jennifer Aniston by any chance?'"

A previous episode of 'The Daily Show' revealed that Aniston and Stewart did once go on what Stewart described as a date, but what Aniston classified as more of a group outing.

So, kidding aside, Stewart was in fact working more than just the 'Friends' angle during his youthful pursuit of Aniston.

Watch Matthew Perry's full interview here:

Ernest Debrew

Dang, I would want to date her too. I saw Jennifer Aniston on Ellen today. Sexy woman.

February 03 2011 at 11:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
AREK

Him and Cooper party pooper

February 03 2011 at 8:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rjen164497

I don't think any real women would date John Stewart. Maybe there are a couple of guys or transvestites. I think Pee Wee Herman or Howard Stern would have some interest in Stewart. I believe Dave Letterman might have a crush on Stewart.

February 03 2011 at 5:39 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
fatfendered40v8

ummmm Jennifer Aniston!!!

February 03 2011 at 4:41 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
ajschrod

A LOT of guys would have liked to date Jen back then-- She was a delightful, girl-next-door type gal that still retains some of that aura today, and when she lost her husband to Angie who WOULDN"T offer his shoulder to cry on?

February 03 2011 at 4:34 PM Report abuse +6 rate up rate down Reply
DShook

Stewart should date himself. Now that would be true love.

February 03 2011 at 4:03 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
oscar

I love any woman who would turn down Jon Stewart . What a way to embarass Stewart,on television, way to go Matt. Oh by the way, could you hook me up with Jennifer Aniston.

February 03 2011 at 3:58 PM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
starla

Matthew Perry is middle aged now. The 3 day old beard stubble is for the college crowd. Matt, shave clean now, this just looks sloppy.

February 03 2011 at 2:58 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
jorgemgarcia25

An intelligent, funny, talented and apparently stable guy like John Stewart is not what Ms. Aniston is looking for. She prefers an immature lothario like John Mayer. She says she wants a husband and kids, but is not willing to choose the right guy. She only gets hot for the "bad boys". Well Jennifer, I believe you're headed into the life of a spinster.

February 03 2011 at 2:41 PM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to jorgemgarcia25's comment
griff682

jorge-spinster? What century are you from? The idea of a woman being single by choice does not make her a "spinster". Get rid of your antiquated ideas and get with the times!!

February 03 2011 at 5:47 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
limathth

Stewart and Anniston...would be a good Liberal anti Amrican pair!

February 03 2011 at 2:30 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to limathth's comment
ajschrod

What has "liberal" and "Anti-American" got to do with one another? Both these people obviously love their country--do you?

February 03 2011 at 3:26 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
oscar

You're right, but Aniston is mine! Stop hooking her up with other people.

February 03 2011 at 4:04 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply