December 19, 2014

'Glee' Celebrates Valentine's Day: 'Silly Love Songs' Preview

by Jean Bentley, posted Feb 7th 2011 4:30PM
Glee, Valentine's DayApparently one epic episode of television per week isn't enough for 'Glee.' Following yesterday's highest-ever-rated telecast after the Super Bowl, the show will return to its regular time slot tomorrow night for the Valentine's Day–themed 'Silly Love Songs.'

In the all-new episode, the McKinley High gang (and a couple of Dalton Academy Warblers) will find themselves in a variety of romantic entanglements. After the jump, listen to this week's tunes and watch a few leaked scenes from tomorrow's episode.

First things first: Puck's getting a new -- and unexpected -- love interest. Despite that Puckleberry duet of 'Need You Now,' the Glee Club bad boy is setting his sites on Greco-Roman state wrestling champ Lauren Zizes. (Stay tuned for our interview with Ashley Fink, who plays Lauren, tomorrow!)

We can see why he loves her, seeing as Lauren continues her streak of awesomeness by calling out Santana for being a beeyotch.

The Warblers tackle Robin Thicke's 'When I Get You Alone':

You can hear Lea Michele belt out Katy Perry's 'Firework' at People; the rest of the songs -- including Artie's 'PYT,' Puck's 'Fat Bottomed Girls' (wonder who that's dedicated to?) and The Warblers' 'Silly Love Song' -- are posted over at Glee the Music.

Tell us: Is love in the air? Are you excited for tomorrow's episode?

joeyzboy

Hey awrootbeer - "I'll pray for them" implies that there is something wrong with a person and that they need someone else to intervene on their part and ask for redemption. This is not a loving statement, but rather a display of ignorance learned from someone else - yourself, perhaps. There's nothing salicious or scandalous about the majority of gay people; explaining to children what "gay" means should not be a chore or something to avoid discussing. Get to know some gay people - as human beings - before you lump them all together a group that needs your child's prayers.

February 08 2011 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
awrootbeer307

ChrisatBlueWhite- I can tell you this, I am not at all a judgemental person and I do not raise my kids to be that way. I am an open minded friendly person who is willing to talk to anybody. You don't know me at all so there is no way you can sit there and bash my opinion. Look, I realize that we have come a loooong way since the book of Exodus, but I'll never question my God. That said, I'm not a hateful person, nor is my family. My oldest knows exactly what Gay means and you know what she said? "I'll pray for them." Now, if in some way, that sounds like I am not raising my child right, then you have a lot to learn from that more than loving statement my child made. I can also tell you I am light hearted and fun and I don't like to bicker or bash others' parenting skills. So, you have a blessed day! :)

February 08 2011 at 1:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ChrisatBlueWhite

I'm with joeyzboy and yes, awrootbeer, I DO have kids - two very well-adjusted teens who WON'T be the ones behaving like snarky little brats just because their parent(s) couldn't get over their ignorance and long-outdated hatred of gays. I've seen kids from parents like yours and the social retardation you impose borders on child abuse. Grow up! You can love God and His teachings without inducing hate or suppression.
BTW: The "Good Book" also says I'm allowed to sell my daughter into slavery ~ Exodus 21:7. Beware blind obedience & stick with "Judge not, lest ye be judged."
If all else fails - just lighten up a bit. Your kids will be eternally grateful.

February 08 2011 at 1:05 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
jamilettemorales

hahahah im so board. but i love glee omg lol:} :}

February 08 2011 at 12:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
awrootbeer307

I agree with Debbie. Joeyzboy- Do you even have any kids to be able to comment on her post?? If not, I suggest you swallow your tongue and back off. If you are not a parent, then you don't need to comment on another post like that. I am open to giving my kids information on things-if they ask me about it. I will tell the truth. If thay say "hey mom, what does gay mean?" I will tell them in the best way I can. It's not something I want to do or look forward to doing, but I'm finding that I have to explain a lot nowadays with all the trash on TV. That's what it all is. Trash. I'll have you know, I am raising a Christian family and just so you know, it is an abomination in Gods eyes. Read the Bible. It's plain to see in Romans 1:27. I suggest you read it.

February 08 2011 at 12:14 PM Report abuse -4 rate up rate down Reply
joeyzboy

Debbie - you sound like one of those lazy parents that would rather raise narrow-minded, bigoted children rather than take five minutes of your time to explain to them how diverse people can be and universal love is. There's no politically correct agenda to what is essentially a family show; it celebrates and illustrates diversity and acceptance. Or is that too complicated a concept for you?

February 08 2011 at 11:51 AM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
Pete

It's trash.

February 08 2011 at 11:44 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
Debbie

Wish I could hear the music without watching it. I don't like our kids watching the "Gay Agenda". If TV is to teach, then why not teach other things as well. Let's see, TV has violence, girls with low self-esteem, sex, and Glee with the politically correctness. Isn't TV the best? I will say that the music and singers are great, but come on!

February 08 2011 at 11:27 AM Report abuse -6 rate up rate down Reply
Pope of Truth

Am I the only one who finds this show nauseating?

February 08 2011 at 11:18 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
bgaff73

I just love Glee. I look forward to watching it every week. The Thriller half time show was great. But, I do miss Kurt. I do not like his other school he is attending at all. I feel it takes away from more the Glee Club could be doing or what Kurt could be doing he is so talented. I understand why he had to leave McKinnley High (which was a good example of bullying and hope teens watching got it NO BULLYING) but I miss him having a bigger part, I miss his emotions when he sings, he has a beautiful voice, I miss the outfits he would put together, I miss his funny remarks and his wise advice he would give, how much he cared about all the Glee members and the Glee Club itself. I don't really like the Warblers and I wish Kurt would come back to McKinnley. Bring Kurt back to Glee Club that uniform just doesn't fit who he is. I think the Warblers are taking good scenes away from the Kurt character that was such a big part of the show, but then that is just my opinion.

February 08 2011 at 11:17 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply