April 23, 2014

'The Bachelor' Season 15, Episode 6 Recap

by Laura Prudom, posted Feb 8th 2011 7:45AM
Brad Womack['The Bachelor' - 'Season 15, Episode 6']

This week on 'Fear Factor' ... Oops, wrong competition. Or is it?

We expect houses on reality shows to be bugged as par for the course, but after Alli's hysterical (in both senses of the word) reactions to the two insects that laid siege to the house this week, I'm half convinced that 'The Bachelor' producers have a box of creepy crawlers to release whenever there's a lull in activity in the house.

The phobias were out in full force again this week, as Jackie was confronted with her "deathly" fear of heights, and Alli came face-to-face with both spiders and bats on her awkward one-on-one with Brad. There has to be a snake phobia that 'The Bachelor' can exploit in someone next week, right?

Also out in full force: Michelle's craziness, which grows more potent and glassy-eyed each week. From hoping that Chantal would get "attacked by monkeys ... or apes," to appearing at Brad's door in the middle of the night, cloaked in shadow like a serial killer, the woman committed a whole host of restraining order-worthy offenses to add to the growing list.

As Michelle's arch-nemesis Chantal pointed out, it seems like she's more concerned with winning some kind of competition than actually feeling any of the emotions that are supposed to be emerging at this stage of the game. She's all for hitting Brad and making out with him when he attempts to think too much, but when it comes to forging an actual connection with him, the spark (much like her sanity) is sadly absent.

It's still baffling to me that Brad could think that Chantal was "dramatic," while Michelle apparently seems completely normal to him -- although after Michelle's attempts to destabilize his relationships with the other girls this week, I think our Bachelor is finally starting to see the light (it's on, but nobody's home).

Brad and Chantal's second one-on-one was cute and followed their tradition of being rained on. They also saw a monkey, but it failed to attack her -- bad monkey! Or was it an ape? Someone call Michelle, stat!

Chantal remarked that it was nice to see Brad on the fly, and their spontaneous trip back to his room when the rain set in was obviously an excellent decision for both of them, since it enabled Brad to gallantly offer Chantal one of his shirts, and for Chantal to prance seductively around in it and render Brad completely incoherent. We're all for Brad giving his shirt to people, but it's far more fun when he's actually taking it off his back to do so. (Luckily, shirtless Brad made a welcome return later at the hot springs -- leading to a case of waaaaay TMI from Michelle. Yuck.)

Regardless of what else anyone might think of Chantal, it was clear on their evening date that her feelings for Brad were real -- she was giggling and blushing like a teenager, and although she's prone to interrupting and waffling on while Brad's trying to impart some studly wisdom or talk about his extensive therapy, or whatever, I did believe her when she admitted that she'd fallen in love with him. She's far more vocal and demonstrative about those feelings than perhaps any of the other women (aside from maybe Ashley), and I found myself kind of rooting for her after this episode.

Alli, on the other hand, was tragic. Not only did Brad drag the poor girl into a cold, spooky cave (talk about being short-changed, especially after Shawntel's shopping spree and Jackie's ballgown and spa date) for an underwhelming picnic, she then suffered the indignity of completely misreading Brad's signals during dinner, declaring how much she cared about him just as he was trying to work up the nerve to send her home. To Brad's credit, he did let her down gently.

The group date was a total downer, too, with Michelle trying her puppetmaster routine on Brad in the hot springs, and Emily scaring him by admitting that she always sabotages her relationships just when they start getting meaningful. Hearing Alli shrieking about a beetle probably didn't do much for the romantic atmosphere, either. I did applaud Brad's decision not to give out a rose, as all of the girls were kind of terrifying (except Ashley, who was oddly quiet this week) and I respected his decision to wait and reflect on who deserved it.

Of course, he chose wrong, since he decided to send home the perfectly lovely Jackie instead of Michelle. I'm hoping Chantal will take off her earrings and have a throwdown with our resident nutbar before the season is out.

'The Bachelor' airs Mondays, 8PM ET on ABC.

What did you think of this week's 'Bachelor'? Are you surprised that Brad has kept Michelle around this long? Did anyone else predict that Britt would be the one sent home instead of Jackie? Share your thoughts below!

Follow Laura on Twitter: @LauinLA.

Watch the full episode here:

Part 1

Part 2

realitynut4sure

I couldn't agree more with "Cathy". After all the crap Michelle has pulled, he still gives her a rose. This just shows that they want him to keep her as long as possible for the ratings. It would be so refreshing to see one of these cranky girls (from each new season) go home as soon as their true colors appear, but instead of course, they drag it out. Do they think we are stupid?

February 09 2011 at 12:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cathy

Does anyone really think this program is for real? The producers are the ones telling him who to get rid of and when. They may allow him to pick a few of his favorites to keep around, but they are in charge of the rest. Of COURSE they will keep psycho Michelle there till the end for drama only. This is the most boring Bachelor ever and Brad seems like an unemotional robot. What is there to really like about him except his body? The whole thing is stupid, but I guess I'm the stupid one for continuing to watch. I guess I keep hoping the next episode will be better and it's not.

February 08 2011 at 10:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donna

Why am I watching this--AGAIN!! I know the end has already happened but please get rid of Michelle. She is a psychotic B*#$ch!!!! Brad is such a LOSER yet, I continue to tune in. Guess I am the loser.

February 08 2011 at 11:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ellen

People...Wake Up! There are brighter monkies in Costa Rica than Brad. He tries hard, but he is just not smart. That being said, he is working at 100 percent capacity to do this thing right. He treats the ladies with respect, but is, quite literally, dumbfounded each time someone shares an intimate "secret" with him. He is not new. He has been here before.

He is keeping Michelle around because the producers are making him AND he knows she will be good in the sack. He does not even sense that she is psychotic. And she is a mother. Does Brad even know she has a child?

Brit has that deer in the headlights look and will be the next to go. I hope she stops at the Dunkin Donuts on the way to the airport.

I think a few more virtual visits to the therapist/life coach are in order. I wonder if my psychiatrist takes my calls on the terrace?

My prediction is that he will pick Chantal. She has practically been featured this season. The "clever" producers have tried to establish a foundation for this relationship since Episode One. Poor Emily will go home broken hearted on the "most dramatic Bachelor episode ever." Brad will just not be able to reconcile the fact that she cannot give herself 100 percent due to the tragedy that she endured.

Chris Harrison, if you are reading this, you need to hire me.

February 08 2011 at 11:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shoppingbrat21

Brad needs to "wake up and smell the coffee" - if it's too strong or bitter - "dump it !"

February 08 2011 at 11:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jean

As usual, the producers of the show have probably made a (side) deal with "Michelle" to cause the controversy
(which she has as you all can see) for the show's ratings. I'm sure she's hoping for some sort of acting
contract to be offered in the future. And as for Brad, once a JERK always a JERK, so I hope he stays true
to his past, picks Michelle so the two of them can continue with the EGO fights. I feel this season has hurt
the show MORE than any other, and if continues this way, The Bachelor will end.

February 08 2011 at 9:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mommom

i think he needs to get rid of michelle she causes to much drama cant believe he didnt get rid of her last night how dissapointing

February 08 2011 at 9:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to mommom's comment
Jean

I agree with you mommom, but I'm sure both Michelle and Brad are following the script, (read my comment)

February 08 2011 at 9:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cordy

One more think . . . Brad looks terrified by the reactions of some of these women. I wouldn't be surprise if he walks away alone on this season.

February 08 2011 at 9:03 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Cordy

I think Brad is holding on to Michelle to keep some drama on the show. He just got to see that she's NUTS!!!

February 08 2011 at 9:00 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
KRYPTONITE

I agree that Michelle seems more intent on w"winning" than having any real feelings for Brad. She seems to realize that Chantal is her biggest competition at the moment so she's zeroing in on getting rid of her. There also seemed to be a bit of desperation in her actions for getting Chantal out of there. I found it disheartening that Michelle didn't go home last night. Some men are so thick-headed!

February 08 2011 at 8:23 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply