October 2, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'American Idol' Transformer Drew Beaumier Is More Than Meets the Eye! (VIDEO)

by Elizabeth Chan, posted Feb 9th 2011 11:10PM

In all of 'American Idol's' history, Drew Beaumier had hands down the best audition I have ever seen.

Sure we've seen some really strange auditions this year and in previous seasons, but when this 20- year-old drove into his audition as a HUMAN TRANSFORMER, all bets were off.

Built from scratch out of an actual "Power Wheels," Drew turns into a car and breaks into song:

"GET YOUR MOTOR RUNNING!"

I'm going to call Steven Tyler's bluff: Although he tried to play it like he didn't dig this guy, if you watch the clip again -- it seems he was tickled, in spite of himself.

'American Idol' airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8PM ET on Fox

Hello Joslyn !!

I saw this last night and I new it was going to be on the internet today..
Creative!!!!
This young man came on to show off his gadget- rather than to sing I am sure, but don't alot of them come on to "get on tv?"
Anyhow it was very cool, the way it transforms, neat .....Way to go- Very Creative!!

February 10 2011 at 2:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Hello Joslyn !!'s comment
Barbara

You new. It is KNEW!

February 10 2011 at 4:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BGSUMom7

Although this guy went to a lot of effort to make such a get-up, it was still rickety and awkward. That being said, he should stick to costume design over singing.

February 10 2011 at 11:07 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
homeexperts

The guy is an inventive genius. some company please contract him.

February 10 2011 at 11:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rachelvis

I meant american Idol..just tired thas all..stay warm in oklahoma and nearby states and to
those on americn idol.....end the show now....PLEASE.....X-factor is coming and simon cowell wil
blow this show out of the water especially when he said,,,,paula may be with him...LOL
GOODBY AMERICAN IDOL....THANK GOD ITS OVER AFTER THIS....

February 10 2011 at 10:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rachelvis

i've typed in the correct security password whichis vy48, it can't be anything else...idol just doesn't want to have tooo many people show up...so this is how they play their game...and anyone can look and see,,its VY48....
unless someone is blind.....god american needs to quit while they are ahead sllightly..
and steve tyler when I was a teen you were the bomb, I'd never guess you'd be on a show
like this...never would I have thought this day would come but money talks doesn't it steve???
love anyway and that security word I put down is correct steve.....they just have to stop it all and this is how they do it....why don' they just stop advertising the whole thing...its ridiculous....i'm bacl to bed because were snowed in in Tulsa, OK...later Steve tyler ..for the rest of you..love ya but don't know ya......Rachelvis

February 10 2011 at 10:41 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Rachelvis's comment
kimks62

your right on one point in the beginning of his career Steven, would not be on Idol as a judge because he was not as a accomplished muscian, singer and lyrycist . Now that he is a very accomplished entertainer (that Aerosmith & himself) have ONLY HAVE GOTTEN BETTER with Age! And I just want to say6 honey, Steven does not need a damn red dime!!! Another thing is as Steven says it is not like it use to be 67 big bands in US. In the US today there are about 600,000 bands. So ifdol is great it weed out the not so talented asnd the talented one gets noticed so toche'

February 10 2011 at 10:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hitmanblues

American Idiot is the real name and it should be taken off air.

February 10 2011 at 10:14 AM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
jsblackball

toy makers need him he very smart not a singer but he know how make good toys. dont roc on ride on brother hey that line sound good for a new tune idol

February 10 2011 at 8:45 AM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to jsblackball's comment
woodstockguy845

I second the motion.... now Mattel step up and take this kid's call. I can see a bunch of kids playing in those toys... using their imaginations... hey anything to get them off the computers and computer games, they might even get some excercise ... imagine THAT.

February 10 2011 at 3:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lthrnck68

Thanks. I needed a good laugh this morning. I normally do not pay attention to reality shows of this type, but that "Transformer" piece just had to be watched.

February 10 2011 at 7:51 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply