April 17, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Joan Rivers Is Threatened When Trespassing at Judy Garland's House (VIDEO)

by Aimee Deeken, posted Feb 9th 2011 8:15AM
Joan Rivers Trespasses on 'Joan Knows Best'"Uncle" Tommy was Joan Rivers' dear friend for more than 40 years. He was Melissa's godfather and even walked her down the aisle. On 'Joan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best?' (Tue., 9PM ET on WE), the comedienne wanted to honor him by spreading his ashes at meaningful spots in Los Angeles, including the Beverly Hills Hotel, Rodeo Drive and Judy Garland's house.

At the latter location ("He was a major fan of Judy Garland"), Joan charged confidently into the home's front yard and began sprinkling ashes on the ground and surrounding foliage. She wasn't worried about trespassing.

"Rest in peace, Uncle Tommy," she said before launching into 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow.' A resident stormed out and yelled, "What the hell are you doing!? Get outta here before I call the cops!"

As she left, a neighbor shouted, "Joan, we love you!" She replied, "Love you back! The person who lives in Judy Garland's house is not nice!"

Chicken Wing

I love her !
For those who didn't watch the show and are bitching please take your blog else where.
Dan you're a filthy mouthed PIG !
Neither of those JEWS would give you the time of day. So no worries.
(mimikmimi) this is for you ....!!!!!

February 09 2011 at 11:49 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Chicken Wing

I love her !
Dan you're a filthy mouthed PIG !
Neither of those JEWS would give you the time of day. So no worries.
(mimikmimi) this is for you ....!!!!!

February 09 2011 at 11:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dan

maybe we should just ignore her..she will keep this crap up and one day she will cross the wrong man or woman and we will no longer see plasticpuss on anything....who would sleep with either one of these jewish bitches..edgar did and now look at him!

February 09 2011 at 10:17 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
dan

get a grip..the next time that bitch sees 39 it will have a one in frontt of it..

February 09 2011 at 10:11 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
dantrekkie

Joan should have gotten the homeowner's permission and not go "charging confidently into the Home's front yard" Being a celebrity does not give one the right to trample on other people's property

February 09 2011 at 9:59 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Roswell

Ummm... maybe she should have asked first?

February 09 2011 at 7:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Heather

I would not be one bit happy having anyone's remains scattered in my yard. They are (respectfully intended) materials that I would not wish to have in my dog's fur or blowing through my yard onto my barbecue. Who does Ms. Rivers think she is? The homeowner had a right to be ticked off. I live near this neighborhood, in a similar neighborhood & people her in CA do think that affluence means entitlement. Unfortunately, almost everyone who lives her is affluent to some degree, which means A LOT of egos.....

February 09 2011 at 7:32 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
mimikmimi

First of all Joan, It's the guy "who" lives in Judy Garlands house.... not "that" lives....
I would be horrified if someone spread someone's ashes on my lawn! I thought that was illegal to even do that in the ocean! That's Hollyweird for you! And I actually like Joan Rivers! :)

February 09 2011 at 7:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda B

the owner of the house, or the person living there, should have called the police on that insipid 90 year old who thinks she is something...I wish she was in jail....

February 09 2011 at 7:22 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
jtgc1

This was a big set up. I know the guys who own the house and they told us that this was totally scripted.

February 09 2011 at 7:04 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply