November 25, 2014

Charlie Sheen Says He's Sober and Ready to Work

by Chris Harnick, posted Feb 14th 2011 2:45PM
Charlie Sheen Ready to WorkCharlie Sheen is ready to go back to work ... but according to the 'Two and a Half Men' star, the network and producers aren't.

Sheen called into the radio program 'The Dan Patrick Show' this morning and voiced his discontent with CBS and Warner Bros. TV. Chatting with a scratchy voice, Sheen said he lost his voice trying to go back to work and banging on the 'Two and a Half Men' stage doors.

"We're on forced hiatus. They said, 'You get ready, we'll get ready.' And I got ready and went back and nobody's there," Sheen said. "I don't know what to tell you, Dan. Nobody's there ... I'm here and I'm ready. They're not. Bring it, you know?"

The actor told host Dan Patrick that he's "100 percent clean" and ready to begin working. "I'm a man of my word. I have a contract," he said. "They said get your act together and I did. I think just maybe it was a timing thing. I didn't think it was going to happen this fast. Check it, it's like I heal really quickly. But I unravel pretty quickly. So get me right now, guys."

Production is expected to resume at the end of February.

Sheen also talked to Patrick about his speech to the UCLA baseball team.

"I realized what props I was holding," he said. "I had a bottle of chocolate milk and I had rumors that I've had problems with, I don't know, crack, and it just came out of me like poetry, Dan. Like poetry ... Thank God, [the coach] told me to tell them congrats in the World Series last year. I wasn't watching a lot of that, you know, at the time. So I walked over and said, 'Hey guys, congrats on the World Series last year.' So, he gave me my first line. Which is good, a good place to start, right?

"Well, people kind of know I've had some problems lately, and I'm sort of notorious for sort of surfacing and going deep undercover, deep underground. So, I said stay away from the crack, which I think is a pretty good advice unless you can manage it socially, Dan. If you can manage it socially, then go for it, but not a lot of people can."

Sheen has been in treatment following a hospital stay after a drug- and alcohol-fueled binge. The actor's treatment halted production on 'Two and a Half Men.'

Since then, Sheen has offered to pay part of the salary of his 'Men' crew.

Listen to the full interview here.

glandi1251

This web site is now run by the biggest liberals at huffington post but look at all the reply's from us conservatives, why are we even on this site.

February 15 2011 at 10:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
root the toot

HE MAKES PEOPLE Laugh - so whats the problem???

February 15 2011 at 8:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kay

Only way to put him in his place is STOP watching the show! Ratings will fall...message sent. I agree with another poster who said WHERE are the FEDS on this? WHY isn't law enforcement being investigated as to WHY he hasn't been arrested and charged with illegal possession of cocaine...OBVIOUSLY it has been seen IN HIS HOME by many different people. He needs to be treated exactly like Robert Downey Jr. was treated. He spent hard time in prison.....and now he's clean, sober and doing very well. Sheen is nowhere NEAR ready to work nor is he "clean". JUST DON'T WATCH THE SHOW! Write to the network...tell them you have stopped watching!

February 15 2011 at 12:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Kay's comment
root the toot

well there was just a brand new show on Monday night and it WAS VERY GOOD. So he knows what he is doing.

February 15 2011 at 9:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
philcva63

Whatever Mr. Sheen has/is/might be, one thing is certain : HE IS A BOLD AND SINFUL MAN, and I can't get enough! And this coming from a 65 year old man. What's happening to our world?

February 14 2011 at 9:32 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
KATHY'S FREE

Will they fill the booze bottles up with Cream Soda or have him going on a health food and drink diet? Character on the show is of a lush, womanizer, and jingle writing jerk, so how would he not want the real hard liquer if he's suppose to play that part? He can be replaced, he's not all that, and the other characters can do just as good a job with or without him in it! Why not have Kevin Stiles with much more lines, he can be one of the two men, when he fights with Judith, he and Jake can live with Alan at the beach house left to them, since Charlie is away! Berta and Rose can compensate too!

February 14 2011 at 9:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to KATHY'S FREE's comment
root the toot

give me a break - HE IS THE SHOW

February 15 2011 at 9:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
renee4326

He's an idiot. He has no clue about life or what's important. he is all aabout himself and nobody else. Not sure how you get to that point in your life. It's just plain sick. I love the show, but after the last fiasco, every time I saw him drinking on the show, it had a real feel to it. Wasn't quite so funny. One day, his producers will lock him out for sure.

February 14 2011 at 8:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KATHY'S FREE

Charlie Sheen does need to admit he has a problem, get the most intensive therapy his money can buy, and he needs to prioritize! His children should be the first and most important priorities in his life, not his job, his junk, his drink, partying, his children first, and before he can realize this, he does need detoxing and rehabilitating for more than 2 weeks! He's not even taken a baby step toward sobriety! His actions do speak louder than words, and for sure, the show does need to go on, just not with him! He does need to face his demons, accept responsibility, admit he has a problem and do the work, "Let Go, And Let God! You can work it, one day at a time!" "Show must go on," it's not fair to deprive the others of their jobs!" Charlie Sheen violated his contract, and for this, he must pay, he's been given many times to clean up his act, the producers are very understanding and tolerant of him, moreso, than he truly deserves!

February 14 2011 at 8:37 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Buckingham's

Yeah, Charlie's ready to work..........right after his next party.

February 14 2011 at 8:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeri-Anne

Social crack? Really? And he's ready to come back to work? Sounds like the 17 minutes of rehab didn't quite take...

February 14 2011 at 7:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Jeri-Anne's comment
root the toot

OH WELL

February 15 2011 at 9:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tom

Sheen is definitely not ready. The toxic effect of the serious illicit drugs will remain in his system for at least another 3 months. The toxic effects of the alcohol will be there nearly but not quite as long. He is still subject to seizures which could happen at any time. No, he might think he's ready or he is trying to convince himself (and others) that he is when he really isn't. Sheen also needs some serious emotional and psychological work. I really hope he gets all of that taken care of.

February 14 2011 at 7:52 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply