December 21, 2014

Chuck Lorre: 'If Charlie Sheen Outlives Me, I'm Gonna Be Really Pissed'

by Jean Bentley, posted Feb 15th 2011 3:00PM
Chuck Lorre, Two and a Half MenThere's no mistaking how Chuck Lorre feels about the Charlie Sheen situation surrounding 'Two and a Half Men.' Not after last night's episode, at least.

"If Charlie Sheen outlives me, I'm gonna be really pissed," wrote the 'Men' creator on the traditional "vanity card" in the closing credits of Monday's show. The 'Big Bang Theory' creator traditionally uses the cards to share everything from an abstract thought to a joke, but this one was a tad more topical than usual.

The full text:

"I exercise regularly. I eat moderate amounts of healthy food. I make sure to get plenty of rest. I see my doctor once a year and my dentist twice a year. I floss every night. I've had chest x–rays, cardio stress tests, EKG's and colonoscopies. I see a psychologist and have a variety of hobbies to reduce stress. I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I don't have crazy, reckless sex with strangers.

If Charlie Sheen outlives me, I'm gonna be really pissed."

Geez, tell us how you really feel.

Yesterday, Sheen called into 'The Dan Patrick Show' and said he'd been banging on the 'Men' stage doors trying to go back to work.

"We're on forced hiatus. They said, 'You get ready, we'll get ready.' And I got ready and went back and nobody's there," Sheen said. "I don't know what to tell you, Dan. Nobody's there ... I'm here and I'm ready. They're not. Bring it, you know?"

Tell us: How do you feel about Lorre speaking out this way?

Ann-Marie

I loooked forward to the show Men each week It was funny and entertaining. I truly believe that Sheen needs professional help and pray he gets some. He haas the money for the best rehab there is and should take advantage of it. Unfortunately the son of a friend of mind did not have these resources and now my friend must visit her son at his grave. Grug abuse is an addiction, but one can overcome it Ann Marie Melbourne Fl age 66 and single

March 19 2011 at 11:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DAVID

give bim break, give him chance please pull him back stay roles play for it ! nobody better than him :)

March 09 2011 at 4:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chucklorrea

Need to say say, I get Chuck Lorre...brilliant. Funny would be getting rid of sheen's character and bring in emilio as a replacement. So the funeral was so sad and then Alan's other brother from the same mother enters and takes over...Last laugh? I dunno if Estevez would take it but it could sober some of us and bring back a truly great actor that matches cryder. Forever Lorre

March 02 2011 at 7:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
AscenciondeDios

To Self jeopardize is common with people like this. Another thing common is when Addict s(of whatever, alcohol, drugs, gambling, sex, shopping?, etc) has relatively good looks, youth, and a pocket full of money and has issues with addiction Person has very little chance of overcoming whatever addiction. Why? Because as long as enabling of addiction is ongoing there will be no reason to not participate in addictions. Only, Only when a person of this nature gets hurt enough, gets enough taken away, loses the most important thing in life Only then will one consider dealing with addictions. As long as enabling is occurring, whether it be a good paying job, gig, a relationship (be it a marriage, romantic encounter, family) the person will more then likely not find good reason to stop anything. When an addicted person has good health why stop ingesting poison into one's body.
I have always heard that until the pain, fear, and misery get greater then Changing, only then does one consider Changing.
With Charlie his ego seems to have the better of him. That is OK . That is his Path. No Judgment there. To each his own. If he is Lucky humility will come hopefully before death or maybe death will be the best he can do this time around. Thus far it is sad. Sad for Charlie, but even more sad for the people who really Love Charlie, For his family, his children, and the people who really know Charlie. The people who know that when Charlie is truly himself that he can be an awesome human being.
Oh, wanted people to note that Charlie was about correct on AA success rate. Less then one in ten actually get recovery and stick with it. Why? The thing I note above on enabling issue and also fact that if recovery was Easy it would not be the PROBLEM that we have in this world today. It is the hardest thing a person will ever do in life But the most rewarding.

February 25 2011 at 10:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
riowest888

Chuck Lorre's vanity cards at the end of his shows are always direct and hilarious. Come on, he had to say SOMETHING. He probably felt that not commenting on the scandal was like letting an elephant sit on the room. But he didn't attack Charlie Sheen, either. He commented on the situation in his trademark humorous way. He takes super good care of himself. Sheen's lifestyle is publicized everywhere. Sheen is successful despite a lot of documented unhealthy and self-destructive behavior. Lorre is saying won't it be ironic if for all his clean living, Charlie Sheen still lives longer. And that does happen. I think that Sheen would probably laugh at the card. It's the kind of ribbing guys give each other a lot, but even softer.

February 16 2011 at 2:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply