October 24, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson Returns to WWE, Will Host WrestleMania XXVII (VIDEO)

by Donald Deane, posted Feb 15th 2011 11:30AM
Dwayne On 'Monday Night Raw' (Monday, 8PM ET on USA), Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson returned to the forum that gave him his start and triumphantly announced he will host WrestleMania XXVII on April 3.

While wearing sunglasses and a shirt that proclaims, "I Bring It," Johnson entered the arena to the familiar strains of his intro music, climbed into the ring and signaled his return to the WWE, which he left in 2004 to pursue a career in Hollywood.

"After seven long years, finally ... The Rock has come back ... to Monday Night Raw!" he growled into the microphone.

But Johnson's return wasn't just showy posturing; he also took the time to deliver a heartfelt thanks to all his fans. "I am back in the middle of this ring because of you," he said. "When I left the WWE seven years ago, I dreamed big and you guys dreamed big with me. You helped me accomplish my goals, accomplish my dreams, because you never left my side."

peterrenegade

he had that crowd eating out of his hand for over 15 minutes - what an entertainer

February 15 2011 at 4:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
johnsonmsr1

LOL, the Rock is a character. Plays his roll well. Wrestling has moved to the entertainment era and he
plays a great character.......could use a fresh breath of air....and he's a funny cat!!!

February 15 2011 at 3:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lawrencefishberg

no more movie roles?....McMahon's company is a bore...the wrestling is awful.....ECW was the last gasp of real wrestling.

February 15 2011 at 1:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ritzafebgirl16

The Rock has not lost his touch. Cena wanted his WrestleMania "moment" here It comes.

February 15 2011 at 1:24 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
mattmattkelly09

and Lindsey! sorry babe their would be no smackdown! if it wasn't for the rock...

February 15 2011 at 1:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mattmattkelly09

damn!! so tuff i grew up with da rock but grown acustum to cena..hmm.......may the best man win..this is poopey i was up all night thinkin bout which side to choose..

February 15 2011 at 1:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
florenceyall39

If ya SMMMEEEEELLLLLL.... WHAT THE ROCK.... IS COOKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea, welcome back Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 15 2011 at 1:14 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
J4 Mongold

I hope he sticks around for a while on RAW. The Rock is hilarious and I have missed him being on the show.

February 15 2011 at 1:07 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Lindsay

I cannot stand that man. Didn't like him when he was on wrestling before, didn't like him in the movies he was in, and just plain do not like him at ALL. I think he is arrogant, full of himself and just plain snobbish. And for him to come on Monday Night Raw for the first time in forever and start bashing John Cena? Unacceptable. I hope John Cena pummels the crap out of him. John Cena is a million times the man Duane Johnson is...kinder, sweeter, and much less of an obnoxious jerk that this waste of space. GO AWAY Duane Johnson...and this time STAY AWAY.

February 15 2011 at 12:56 PM Report abuse -6 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Lindsay's comment
Sekinu2

Lol Cena is gay and one of the worse characters ever in wrestling. The WWE has been crap for years now they lost all the good characters and you get scraps now like cena. The great days ofwriting and characters are gone but if the Rock comes back to stay then maybe it can get good again. Get Stone Cold out there, Nash,and hell get the almight mankind when it was fun to watch. now you have cena and others you cant even remember,....get the Hooooooooooooooooooooooeeee Trainnnnnnnnn back on track and make it fun to watch.

February 15 2011 at 1:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pwz2000

The Rock finally returned to the WWE and he will finally breathe some new life into this product. I read on http://pwrestlingnews.com what John Cena plans are for The Rock on next weeks Raw. I didn't want to spoil it for anyone so you'll have to go to the website to read it. But it's about time Cena turned full fledge heel!

February 15 2011 at 12:52 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply