April 23, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Jacee Badeaux Struggles With 'Idol' Hollywood Image (VIDEO)

by Elizabeth Chan, posted Feb 16th 2011 10:45PM

They say hindsight is 20/20. Unfortunately for the groups on this season of 'American Idol,' no one realized that a star was being born in the chubby, unassuming Jacee Badeaux.

Although easily a fan and judge favorite, Jacee Badeaux had a horrible time trying to find a group that believed in his talents.

It was looking almost like the end of the road for Jacee before he connected with a group who desperately need a day-two member.

Although the judges made it pretty clear that people who flubbed words during their performance would go home, they let Jacee slide, making the bumpy group auditions worth the 'Idol' ride for this early fan favorite.

'American Idol' airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8PM ET on Fox.

Sandra Tu Shen

Jacee Badeaux is an amazing kid. He's incredibly brave, and dealt with his problems with maturity and a great attitude. Keep up the good work Jacee! Ur my favorite!
The stupid guy with the stupid glasses should go home SOON!

February 20 2011 at 6:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donnie Lanier

Jacee Badeaux is our next American Idol

February 18 2011 at 5:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donnie Lanier

Congrats Jacee you made it to the next round.

February 17 2011 at 11:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lisafoor

Jaycee has an awesome voice, good luck, you are one of my favorites.!

February 17 2011 at 5:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
StellaNGeorge

I believe given that chance that Jaycee will do well tonight in the solo round. I hope he gets in even if its the last left spot available. Good kid BIG heart! Clint (the dude in the white glasses) needs to go and I would laugh if he goes before Jaycee. I hope he makes it to the rounds where America votes and hope he gets all the votes to at least come in the top 10 if that much.

February 17 2011 at 4:14 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
AnA LiZa

However wrote the above article about Jacee is a retard! I can't believe they would mention that a CHUBBY STAR was being born??? Are you kidding me??? He is a DOLL and has a heart of GOLD !!! That is what should be published. I love you Jacee , you have a beautiful spirt, and don't let anyone EVER take that away from you.

February 17 2011 at 3:31 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Donnie Lanier

Jacee you have a great voice and have been my favorite since day one when you received the golden ticket to go to Hollywood. You sing from the heart and it shows from the smile on your face and the sparkle in your eyes.

February 17 2011 at 2:42 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Linda

The black dude who was saying "no" to all the contestants who were asking to join his group. I hope he gets kicked the 1st week. The guy is an assahola with no class but really has a know it all attitude. I don't like him at all.

February 17 2011 at 2:28 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
stillwill2

oh boy, it's "dreamgirls" all over again.

February 17 2011 at 2:19 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
steven

i wanna punch the kid in the white glasses!

February 17 2011 at 2:04 PM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to steven's comment
mscoryjo

Too bad his group made it through...and him too, maybe he will peeter out SOON!

February 17 2011 at 5:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply