December 19, 2014

Tim Allen Nabs ABC Sitcom Pilot

by Chris Harnick, posted Feb 18th 2011 4:45PM
Tim Allen'Home Improvement' star Tim Allen is returning to ABC in a new sitcom pilot.

Allen has landed the role of Tim Fitzgerald -- continuing his TV tradition of playing guys named Tim -- a man surrounded by women in 'The Last Days of Man.'

According to Entertainment Weekly, the official series tagline is as follows: "Even though the world around him has declared the traditional male an 'endangered species,' Tim Fitzgerald is fighting for his manhood in a world that is being increasingly dominated by women."

'30 Rock' co-executive producer and writer Jack Burditt wrote the multi-camera sitcom.

In September we reported Allen was looking to make a TV comeback and was being aggressively pursued by Hollywood players to star in their TV projects.

No word on if his trademark sound effects will co-star in the pilot.

Tell us: Are you excited about Tim Allen's potential return to TV?

Daisy Chain

YES YES YES .....LOVE HIS SITCOMS (Movies, Not So Much)

June 28 2012 at 9:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Daisy Chain

YES YES YES! His Sitcoms ROCK! (movies, not so much)

June 28 2012 at 9:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Benji

don't know what to tell you Bryon but this plotline definitely does not sound "family friendly" unfortunately I don't think family friendly shows exist anymore... the closest is 'Parenthood'

April 06 2011 at 10:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bryon

Oh, I can't wait to see this in HD. Tim Allen is one of my favorite family friendly actors today. There needs to be more comedy that is appropriate for families that I can watch on my DISH Network employee account at home. I really enjoy watching sitcoms but they can be so awfully dirty. One of my guilty pleasures is "Two and a Half Men" but I would never sit down to watch it with my mom. DISH Network has the Hallmark Channel in HD and they have great family friendly programming that teaches good morals in a world that can seem devoid of them.

February 22 2011 at 5:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mrsheleng

Very sorry for the spelling mistakes, my fingers are still weak since my stroke., I meant comedies and please don't cancel Bleep my Dad says as I really love that show. Sometimes they are in too much of a hurry to cancal new shows before they have had a chance. One show I really don't like is "V".

February 22 2011 at 6:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mrsheleng

I am happy to see Tim Allen come back. We need more good comediesss in these bad times just to remind us that life can be better. I also hope they didn't cance Bleeb my Dade says, it's not on this week and I love that show They need to use the older actors more as they were always so good

February 22 2011 at 5:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kayhreagent

Yes, Tim is very funny. You guys forgot to mention Wild Hogs. He was great in that movie as well.

February 22 2011 at 12:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda

I love Tim Allen's humor. I think he'll be funny no matter what role he's in. He's the guy you would love to know and have as a friend. Loved him in Home Improvement and all 3 Santa Claus films are a Christmas tradition at our house. Can't wait to see him on tv again.

February 21 2011 at 10:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cate1956

Nope. His one note act has faded.

February 21 2011 at 8:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
parkgar

He is such a great "Everyman"!!

February 20 2011 at 10:21 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply