October 23, 2014

Rebecca Herbst Staying on 'General Hospital'

by AOL TV Staff, posted Feb 22nd 2011 5:30PM
rebecca_herbst_general_hospital_abcABC has confirmed the rumors that 'General Hospital' actress Rebecca Herbst would be staying on the soap opera after she'd been let go.

As TV Squad's own Allison Waldman reported this weekend, sources told ABC Soaps in Depth that Herbst has been "unfired," and shortly thereafter, Soap Opera Digest echoed the news that Herbst's status was being reconsidered.

On Monday, ABC Daytime released an official statement, "Rebecca Herbst will continue on General Hospital as Elizabeth Webber. The show is thrilled she will remain on the canvas to portray the beloved character in many more poignant and emotional stories. Fans will be pleased to see Rebecca continue the role she created."

Herbst's initial firing was shocking news and created an uproar among fans. She has played Elizabeth Webber on 'General Hospital' for over 13 years.

And Liz has ties to numerous characters on the show, including Lucky Spencer, Jason Morgan and Nikolas Cassadine.

Tell us: Are you happy that Herbst and her character, Liz, are staying in Port Charles?

scotterika

Well I guess I'll keep watching now... I was about to remove GH from my scheduled recordings. There is too much story left for the character Elizabeth.

April 07 2011 at 8:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
krystle

I am glad that they are keeping Becky. That was the best decision ABC Daytime has made. Elizabeth Webber is not done on the canvas. And now I will continue to watch GH. I look forward to the stories she will be apart of and the one where she let's everyone have it.

February 26 2011 at 3:32 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to krystle's comment
Saher Mirza

I completely agree, Krystle.

March 01 2011 at 2:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hello Elaine

Yes I am very happy....

They should never have let her go in the first place. The people in charge need to seriously re-evaluate whoever made the original decision. Maybe they should be let go. Seems ALL ABC daytime is in trouble so it's coming from somewhere. A lot of bad decisions being made.

February 26 2011 at 1:10 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
maggie20

I'm so happy she saying, she's the only character that I like on GH!!!

February 26 2011 at 12:55 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to maggie20's comment
Saher Mirza

Word, for Word, ITA!!

March 01 2011 at 2:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Keeks

I am beyond thrilled Becky Herbst will be staying. She is one of the most talented actresses in daytime television. Her character, Elizabeth Webber, is due for a great story. Let's hope it's the love story of Elizabeth and Jason and their son, Jake—one that many viewers have been waiting years for.

February 26 2011 at 12:48 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
shawnsno1lady

I am byond excited that GH came to their senses and kept such an amazing and talented actress as
Rebecca Herbst. May she continue to grace our screens for many years to come. BeckyNation Rocks!

February 26 2011 at 12:00 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to shawnsno1lady's comment
Saher Mirza

Very Well said. I totally agree.

March 01 2011 at 2:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Amy Beaver

I am so excited that Becky Herbst is staying on GH! Elizabeth Webber is my all time favorite and I can't wait to see more of her on my screen. Really hoping that includes lots of scenes with Jason Morgan. Their love story definitely needs to be told!

February 26 2011 at 11:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
black momma 32

I am super excited that Rebecca Herbst is staying on GH. Rebecca Herbst's character of Elizabeth Webber is the heart and soul of GH. I am praying that ABC is finally listening to the fans and put Jason and Elizabeth back together and let their amazing love story be told on GH which has been 11 years in the making. Way to go BeckyNation for fighting hard for Rebecca Herbst. Next step on to Liason, Jason and Elizbeth forever!!!!!

February 26 2011 at 11:20 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
LSdotorg

Beyond thrilled that Becky is staying and that the legacy of Elizabeth Webber will continue. Now hopefully they will move Elizabeth back into Jason's life.

February 26 2011 at 11:16 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
ErinD

Super stoked!!!! :) I had quit watching as soon as it was announced, hope the writers can actually come up with a decent story line for her now.

February 24 2011 at 9:23 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to ErinD's comment
Saher Mirza

I completely agree, Erin. These writers have done the fans a disservice for far too long. It's time to give Liz a storyline of her own.

February 26 2011 at 10:00 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply