November 27, 2014

After Charlie Sheen's Crazed Rants, CBS Halts Production on 'Two and a Half Men'

by Maureen Ryan, posted Feb 24th 2011 9:10PM
After a day in which Charlie Sheen took to the airwaves to criticize everything from his boss to Alcoholics Anonymous, CBS has finally had enough.

Production on 'Two and a Half Men,' the troubled star's uber-successful sitcom, was set to resume on Monday. Four more episodes were to have been made before the 'Men' wrapped up work on its eighth season.

But in a statement issued late Thursday, CBS said that it was halting production on those episodes. "Based on the totality of Charlie Sheen's statements, conduct and condition, CBS and Warner Bros. Television have decided to discontinue production of 'Two and a Half Men' for the remainder of the season," the statement read in full.

UPDATE: Sheen fired back about the shutdown late Thursday night, repeating his slurs against 'Men's' creator, Chuck Lorre, and calling him a "contaminated little maggot" and a "worm."

"I wish him nothing but pain in his silly travels especially if they wind up in my octagon," Sheen ranted. He also stated that the fans of the show were "my people ... not yours."

Sheesh. All things considered, CBS' actions on Thursday weren't surprising.

In a rant to the Alex Jones radio show, Sheen called the creator of 'Men,' Chuck Lorre, a "clown" and referred to him as "Chaim Levine" (Lorre's original name is Charles Levine). Sheen also said he had cured his addictions "with my mind" and called A.A. a "bootleg cult."

Not satisfied with the rambling vitriol he displayed in that interview, Sheen later told TMZ that he "violently hates" Lorre and also wants to fight him in an Octagon ring.

What happens when you call your boss a "stupid, stupid little man," make arrogant remarks about your own genius ("I've got poetry in my fingertips") and somehow insult Thomas Jefferson along the way? Production on your show is halted by the powers that be. For this season, at least.

In this piece, I argued that 'Two and a Half Men' should be shut down permanently, because Sheen is clearly heading for disaster, if not death. CBS and Warner Bros. Television have decided, for the moment, that they don't want to be in business with Sheen. Will that change by the time production on Season 9 of 'Men' is set to begin this summer?

Who knows. If CBS doesn't cancel the show, network executives should, at the very least, replace Sheen with another actor. And hope Sheen doesn't send his "Vatican assassin warlocks" after them.

Listen to Charlie Sheen's radio rant here:

~~0nline st0re~~~

╬ http://www.sosovogue.com/

–╰══════════════╯–

——F r e e—S h i p p i n g—

March 03 2011 at 8:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sbirro111

He's GREAT!!! Tells it like it is! So live with it.

March 02 2011 at 8:38 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Cheryl

That is too bad! I loved the show and I think its not fair to the rest of the cast who work just as hard as Sheen. If Sheen doesn't want to act right replace him but don't shut it down. I must say that Sheen needs help in a major way!

March 02 2011 at 12:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sandi

Take responsibility for yourself man.

March 02 2011 at 9:30 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
anitap12438

everyone is intitled to start over, but this guy has had numeral chances. He is not the kind of man you would want your teenage son to get his ideas from. I think he should get on his knees and thank God he's still alive. He doesn't belong in the limelight for our kids to see. He thinks he's a king. There's something wrong with that

March 01 2011 at 4:34 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
char8587

Charlie Sheen is nuts!!!!!! They need to lock him up----permanently!!!!!!!!

March 01 2011 at 1:38 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Marie Valle

marie charlie sheen may have his faults but this guy is very funny, talented actor. I love his show and hope they make up their mind soon and put him back on the show.

March 01 2011 at 1:34 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
magyrae

I really like Charlie Sheen as an actor but his addictions have taken him to a place he may not be able to return from. I have seen this behavior before and I feel great pain for him. His lashing out at AA is another sign he is in over his head. It is really simple Charlie, you decide what you want, your high paying job and the love of family, friends, and fans, or this other path that will only give you poverty, loneliness, institutions, or death. I personally want to see you shine again. I think you are a talented, passionate, and deep feeling man. Please get it together. Ask for the help.

March 01 2011 at 1:13 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply