December 22, 2014

Katie Couric Writes Advice Book

by Jean Bentley, posted Feb 24th 2011 11:35AM
Katie Couric Writes Advice BookIf Katie Couric decides not to continue as anchor of 'The CBS Evening News' after her contract expires in June, she'll have a new career to fall back on: author.

Random House will publish an advice book compiled by Couric over the past year called 'The Best Advice I Ever Got: Lessons From Extraordinary Lives,' The New York Times reports. The news anchor said she was inspired to write the book, which comes out on April 12, after speaking at the Case-Western Reserve University graduation ceremony last May.

Couric told the Times she wanted to "get 22-year-olds to think about their future possibilities," so she compiled essays and poems from people like Sheryl Crow, 'Modern Family' star Eric Stonestreet, Chelsea Handler, Yankees star Alex Rodriguez and more.

"I know there are a lot of books out there with different pieces of advice, but I don't know if there is anything quite like this out there," Couric told the Times.

Couric wrote the introduction to the book and to each section in the compilation, whose proceeds will be donated to Scholarship America, but she said she doesn't see herself as the author.

"I don't really consider this my book," she said. "It's a collection, and I'm sort of the overseer. ... I hope one day I will have the time and the self-discipline to write a book, because I think my life has been far more interesting than I ever anticipated and certainly has had all sorts of good and bad things transpire."

lacabrera

who cares where she goes ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as long as she doesn't go to fox news iam ok with that

February 24 2011 at 8:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tsog

I met Ms. Couric once at a gathering...not a positive experience. "Full of herself" ... for what, I have no idea.

February 24 2011 at 8:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joseph

Goodbye you loser.

February 24 2011 at 7:50 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
FLAPPERHAPPY BOB

Couric will be completely forgotten about in two years. Good!!!

February 24 2011 at 7:44 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
gettingsl

Couric is the female version of the empty suit. A perky style will only take you so far, say maybe 30. She needed brain to carry her forward and falting that perhaps she can "write a book." Maybe my dog would read it.

February 24 2011 at 7:27 PM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
Dave

f course she wants to help 22 year olds.....she's dating one...&^$%#@^ cougar. Now that herr legs can't get her the big money....she should write. Put a fork in her...she's done!

February 24 2011 at 7:11 PM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
lacabrera

NOW THAT SHE HAS A NAME ,,,,,,,,,MAYBE SHE CAN WORK FOR SARAH PALIN ,,,,,,AS A MEDIA CONSULTAN ,,,,,,,,,OR A PRESS SECRETARY

February 24 2011 at 7:02 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
John

She got a big contract with CBS and it was probably not worth it. But, what half hour anchor deserves that kind of a contract. All the news anchors are underworked and overpaid. But, look if Snooki and Kim Kardashian make millions for being talentless, stupid and slutty, then by those standards Katie should have made $100 million. Thanks to her, we don't have Sarah Palin as vice-president for exposing for the idiot that she has proven to be.

February 24 2011 at 6:58 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

ANOTHER ONE GOING KEEP IT COMING

February 24 2011 at 6:32 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Carolyn

I like her, and I am so curious as to why there are those that always have something negative to say. She's a smart
woman and I appreciate her accomplishments.

February 24 2011 at 6:20 PM Report abuse -4 rate up rate down Reply