October 1, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Charlie Sheen Rant Airs on 'The Early Show' (VIDEO)

by Donald Deane, posted Feb 25th 2011 1:14PM
Charlie Sheen Radio Rant Airs on 'The Early Show'Charlie Sheen's rant on the Alex Jones radio show was aired, in part, on 'The Early Show' (weekdays, 7AM ET on CBS). The now-infamous rant reportedly contributed to CBS' decision to shelve 'Two and a Half Men' for the remainder of the season.

In yesterday's radio interview, Sheen takes aim at the sitcom's co-creator, Chuck Lorre, referring to him by his Hebrew name and promising to "destroy" him in a rambling, but exceedingly colorful, way.

"I'm sorry, man. I've got magic and I've got poetry in my fingertips most of the time, and this includes naps, you know. I'm an F-18, bro, and I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground," said Sheen.

Sheen also claimed to have been "cured" of any addictions. "I have a disease? Bulls***. I cured it with my brain, with my mind. I'm cured. I'm done. The only thing I'm addicted to right now is winning," he said.

Whatever Sheen says, we can't help but wonder if this will lead to 'Two and a Half Men' being canceled. What do you think?

Wendy Wilkins Valdez

Definitely canceled. He's gone off the deep end. Pity, too, 'cause he does have talent,

February 27 2011 at 10:58 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
cwstn20pc

Maybe Charlie and Mel Gibson can team up and start a new actors haven called ........Hollywood!

February 27 2011 at 10:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bearxor

Someone call Gary Busey... I think we've found his successor!

February 26 2011 at 3:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
charlie

I am missing the program . Watch your show faithfully. but seen the re-runs too often....I hope they give in to you. Jeanne from Hudson, Florida

February 26 2011 at 9:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to charlie's comment
charlie

I need comedy in my life...Come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jeanne from Hudson Florida again

February 26 2011 at 9:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Larry

Charlie was just one of the actors on the show not the whole show as he claims. The show was a rare mix of some very funny people. Sheen needs to get over himself and straighten up before he ends up like the rest of the Hollywood trash. Charlie got paid very well for what he did but again he was just a part of a fummy show. Without the writers Sheen would ne nothing.

February 26 2011 at 8:39 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
Joseph Burgo PhD

I'm a clinical psychologist and here's my take on the pathology behind that rant:

February 25 2011 at 3:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sdestinyleonard

Let me say Charlie Sheen has his faults but no one can take away the fact that he is about the best darn actor around. I love watching two and a half men and if CBS takes the show off the air, I am one of the fans that will stop watching CBS period ;0(

February 25 2011 at 3:26 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to sdestinyleonard's comment
Larry

Best actor? NO he had good writers and was able to deliver what they wrote because the character he played is actually him in real life.

February 26 2011 at 8:43 AM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
Debra

I agree. This is the only show I watch or care to watch and I will miss it. I watch the reruns and reruns of the reruns. I never tire of watching and I always laugh. I hope that it is all worked out and everyone wins.

February 26 2011 at 9:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bonnyvee

I don't watch that show because Charlie Sheen IS on it. Replace him and I would be glad to. He thinks hes gold. What an ego. Hes trash, just like Sharon Stone. Those two should make a movie together and call it Has-beens from Hell!

February 25 2011 at 12:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply